Sealing Lecente glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieSwift

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm just starting to experiment with Lecente glitters which is super fun! Can I ask some advise please, would you recommend sealing the glitter with Clearly Pink & then using top coat or should I just buy a seperate top coat to avoid getting glitter everywhere!!? Any help/tips would be fabulous! Also any favourite glitter and shellac combos for Christmas? I currently just have Red baroness with Flame - Fireworks.

Hi Everyone!

I'm just starting to experiment with Lecente glitters which is super fun! Can I ask some advise please, would you recommend sealing the glitter with Clearly Pink & then using top coat or should I just buy a seperate top coat to avoid getting glitter everywhere!!? Any help/tips would be fabulous! Also any favourite glitter and shellac combos for Christmas? I currently just have Red baroness with Flame - Fireworks.

Instead of buying a top coat for glitter, which eventually will be filled with so much glitter that it will ruin the outcome you want (say you have pink glitter on your fingers and there is silver glitter in the bottle, you get the idea), I suggest get a small finger or hand palette, pour some top coat on that and then use a gel brush (that you will have just for this use) to apply it. Brushes are easy to clean compared to an entire gel bottle. I did the same mistake and ended up ruining an entire shellac top coat bottle which was almost full...
Same goes for your clearly pink bottle.

I seal with one or two layers of top coat by the way. no need for clearly pink.
Just have some fun playing around with your glitters and see what works best for you.

What do you mean sealing the glitter in clearly pink?

Glitter sticks well to a cured colour. And clearly pink is the same

Hi Everyone!

This is the way I do my glitter nails, whichever brand I use, I have two topcoats, one for glitter nails and one for non-glitter. I paint a glittery top on the lid of the glitter one so I know which is which from above.

The trick of sealing with Clearly Pink works well as it soaks off easier than TopCoat and there isn't much call for Clearly Pink so can be a great way of using up a dust collector.

Last edited:
What do you mean sealing the glitter in clearly pink?

Glitter sticks well to a cured colour. And clearly pink is the same

It's a trick for easier soak off, Clearly Pink soaks off easier than Top Coat, it doesn't affect the colour of the glitter and is a great way of using up a Shelf Sitter which Clearly Pink can be. So use it as your first coat of 'top coat' over glitter than your normal top coat or Express 5

Yup I apply glitter, clearly pink then Top Coat every time. Top coat remains 'clean'. Super smooth finish to the nails and soaks off nice and easy.

Oh wow going to try this little number then Hannah never told me this!

Oh wow going to try this little number then Hannah never told me this!
I'm sure I read it online, probably here lol Also the videos Fi does with Lecente she uses Cleary Pink to seal the glitter.

I'm going to try this little trick aye!

Thanks for all of your replies! A great help!

This is really interesting/helpful! Just wish I knew the best method with bio sculpture...I'm thinking a separate pot of top coat. Really want to get to grips with glitter as I am in awe of all your beautiful pictures! [emoji7]

This is really interesting/helpful! Just wish I knew the best method with bio sculpture...I'm thinking a separate pot of top coat. Really want to get to grips with glitter as I am in awe of all your beautiful pictures! [emoji7]
Before I purchased Clearly Pink I did exactly that, I had two top coats, one just for use directly over glitter or additives. Obviously if you're using a soak off system this will increase the soaking time.

I also use clearly pink on top of a glitter before the topcoat. Although if it's on white, clearly pink can sometimes change the colour slightly so I do 2 layers of topcoat then.

Latest posts

Back