Sealing zone 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalooby

Reaction score
A friend of mine just suggested sealing zone 3 to avoid lifting - ie: filing the cuticle and side areas down smooth onto the nail to create a 'seal'. Apparently they are all taught it over here in Oz. I was told to sculpt to a thin edge and then smooth with the file but never to seal - anyone know about this and how/ when you do it????

Looby:green:

Hi,

Yes I do this and always have, you still sculpt with your brush leaving a tiny gap all the way round the nail, then just needs a quick file from sidewall to cuticle to sidewall (nothing really harsh) just enough to make flush with natural nail, I'm pretty sure if you didnt lifting would occur, if you look in Prof nails June addition leighton Denny suggests to do just this when answering problems on lifting.

Cheers Claire x

I would say that as long as you prep okay and leave a tiny margin of space between product and cuticle and side walls, then lifting shouldn't occur. The filing is just to make it smooth and look natural. I suppose you could call it sealing the nail.

annalooby said:
A friend of mine just suggested sealing zone 3 to avoid lifting - ie: filing the cuticle and side areas down smooth onto the nail to create a 'seal'. Apparently they are all taught it over here in Oz. I was told to sculpt to a thin edge and then smooth with the file but never to seal - anyone know about this and how/ when you do it????

Looby:green:
You do it automaticly, when you file the cuticle area flush with the nail plate.....
A "seal" is the area that is bonded to the nail plate.............

In rebalance you file of loose product until you find the "seal" the area where product is firmly adhered to the nail plate.........
HTH

Latest posts

Back