Search for information!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Hi again, sorry to be a stick in the mud, but why cant newbie geeks at least try to do a search on the questions they need answering ? I so admire the moderators as I would have lost the plot a long time ago or set up a 50 point questionnare regarding the enquiry and if you pass you can post .. LOL. Should I have posted this on chit chat? it's just that I saw a thread on here and it got me foaming at the mouth again. You can tell I am not too busy with work at the mo cant you.

Lol. This will probably get moved to chit chat. What I've noticed in a lot of responses is that they're using the app which doesn't have search. Not sure if they know they can access search through Internet browser on their phone. :lol:

Or when youre a newbie you dont know that searching is an option.....thats what I used to find.......as soon as I knew about the search facility I was off! Though I think this might be moved to chit chat....

I do agree that as a newbie I also didn't quite know what all the options on this site were for so I suppose I am just getting old and grumpy. ( I sincerely hope not) but as we all know it does get mentioned so regularly on here and so many people are advised to search, you would expect the penny to drop eventually. Mine dropped after probably the 10th post along with the very straightforward, non candy coated advice dished out. LOL. That woke me up , Ha Ha

I just kindly point them in the direction of the search button :biggrin:

@ tanfastic - maybe you could do a 'Sticky' for all the newbies

Newbies - use the search function BEFORE you post a question:Love:

The newbies should read the geek commandments like we all should, therefore they should be using the search facility, however, they probably come on here desperate to ask questions and just go for it, yes we all get bored with the same questions but how do you think they all feel when others moan about 'the newbies'.

We were all new once, give them a chance and just nicely point them in the right direction :biggrin:

The newbies should read the geek commandments like we all should, therefore they should be using the search facility, however, they probably come on here desperate to ask questions and just go for it, yes we all get bored with the same questions but how do you think they all feel when others moan about 'the newbies'.

We were all new once, give them a chance and just nicely point them in the right direction :biggrin:

I agree Hun, I still classify myself as a Newbie but I "wear the badge with pride" :biggrin: I feel so lucky to have access to so much Knowledge and honest advice not to mention support on a daily basis. I still get excited when one of the Uber Geeks or Grand Geeks comment on my posts. The couple of hours I spend in the mornings on here is like going to work at a salon full of nice people teaching me the secrets of the trade
I honestly didn't mean to offend all the lovely new geeks out there. We do all have to start somewhere and the only stupid question is the one you dont ask, but searching can be SUCH a huge help. I have come across answers to questions I never even thought to ask at times and have built up a lot of useful information from just browsing.

XX

@ tanfastic - maybe you could do a 'Sticky' for all the newbies

Newbies - use the search function BEFORE you post a question:Love:

LOL, you've got me thinking now.

I try point newbies to searching just because of all the nuggets on info out there that they may miss as not everyone can be bothered to answer again and again on each post!!

I have to say though (and I AM a stick in the mud) isn't this drilled into the commandments ? I am such a dweeb but I'm sat thinking "thou shalt search!!"
:D

I try point newbies to searching just because of all the nuggets on info out there that they may miss as not everyone can be bothered to answer again and again on each post!!

I have to say though (and I AM a stick in the mud) isn't this drilled into the commandments ? I am such a dweeb but I'm sat thinking "thou shalt search!!"
:D
I think thats the 5th commandment isnt it? Straight after "thou shalt not covet thy neighbors UV Lamp"

And thou shalt worship no other god than Salongeek :)

And thou shalt worship no other god than Salongeek :)
ooh thats a good one, I must have the abridged version. Editing loses so much necessary information

Any more commandments out there that my copy is sadly lacking?

BUT...there is always a but isn't there!

This is Salon Geek the Professionals Community...not Salon Geek the search engine!

Sometimes the threads can seem a bit repetitive and yes I agree if the same question is asked whilst another similar thread is still on page 1 it can be slightly annoying. That said though we are a community and we want people to post and even in the most repetitive of threads there can be a lttle nugget of knowledge that did not come up before.

I for one shall still keep reading, and will politely point people in the direction of previous threads if appropriate or will just keep answering if I can help.

BUT...there is always a but isn't there!

This is Salon Geek the Professionals Community...not Salon Geek the search engine!

Sometimes the threads can seem a bit repetitive and yes I agree if the same question is asked whilst another similar thread is still on page 1 it can be slightly annoying. That said though we are a community and we want people to post and even in the most repetitive of threads there can be a lttle nugget of knowledge that did not come up before.

I for one shall still keep reading, and will politely point people in the direction of previous threads if appropriate or will just keep answering if I can help.

Well said izzidoll! :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I've got to admit that when I very first found this wonderful site, it was a bit confusing where to go and what to do. I couldn't find my messages for ages. You could remove the Latin bit on there. Doubt anyone knows what it means these days. Just plain English would suffice.

That said though we are a community and we want people to post and even in the most repetitive of threads there can be a lttle nugget of knowledge that did not come up before.

True, I do agree but you guys and girls on the moderator panel do have a lot of patience and I admire you for that. I unfortunately do not have a great amount of patience ( I do have a little) and it's easy to forget that we are all different in our own way and that's what makes a community like this as vibrant and addictive as it is.

Deep breaths and happy thoughts, no more impatience:Love:

Latest posts

Back