Searching on facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJK

Addicted to pilates geek
Reaction score
I'm a facebook newbie, so please bear with me...

I have set up a page which people can "like" rather than add as a "friend", I think. The only problem is, when I go to my facebook page, I can't then search for other pages or people. There is no search tool that I can find.

What am I doing wrong?

When your on your news feed page the search bar is right at the top. Or when you click on friends and shows a list of all your friends you should be able to type in the name. Hope you figure it out! xx

Top right on my page I have, in order: Create your profile; Settings; Log out. I don't seem to have a search bar anywhere. Anyone?

I really don't know about this. I think it might be because you don't actually have a 'profile' but more like a business one.

Is it for you personally or for a business?

Do you sign in with an email address and password?

I have just signed in and used my business profile as my main one, and I can still search. For me my search bar is smack bang in the middle right at the top of the page.

Maybe it is wanting you to create a personal profile, if it's asking you to create one?

Last edited:
It's for a business and I sign in with my business email address and a password. I did a page because I thought that's what businesses did, rather than a profile, which people did.

I've just checked again and there is absolutely no search option anywhere, and I'm getting quite befuzzled.

i have a regular profile and a page ..
on my page it still has a search bar smack bang at the top of the screeen , if you go left to right it goes facebook symbol , the fthe little friend request thing , then the message symbol , the the little globe symbol , the search bar ? dunno why you havent got one ..
try set up another page but do it while signed in to your regular profile , if you know what i am trying to say ..
sorry explaining it written down sounds pants , lol

Last edited:
Dee, I don't have any of those icons you mention.

I think you might have made a point, and of course, Claire suggested it first, I don't have a personal profile so I think that might be the reason, unless, of course, anyone else can come up with an idea?

Hi I have a business page as your not suppose to use a personal profile for business,

when I log in If I want to go to my page I scroll down the left of my home page, then click on my page it will appear as what ever name you chose for it then once on my page I click use page as .......... which Is on the right Hand side and then at the top you should have a search bar but this will only appear on a pc/laptop I don't think there is one on the phone app well not on mine anyway hth x

All of the icons on the top of my business page are actually for my personal profile.
On the right hand side of a business page it gives you the option to use FB as your business page name, when you do that you lose the 'find friends' option but the search option is still there.

I have a personal page and have set up a page that people can 'like' as you described. You can still search at the top of the page just to the right of the word facebook for people or other pages.....see the attached diagram

If you're still stuck, PM me and if you're happy to let me have your login details briefly I'll bob in and take a peek....

Attachments

• fb.jpg
    fb.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40
Thank you everybody, I really appreciate your help. Una, I might be pm-ing you for help! x

Latest posts

Back