Seche Vite top coat - I'm in love!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SerenityNailz

Reaction score
Just had to post to say how impressed I am with seche vite top coat!

My lumos had a bit of an unfortunate accident and I needed a quick replacement so popped to Sally's to pick up seche vite and I am so glad I did!

Don't get me wrong I love lumos but the shine on seche vite - WOW! I would say its very very close to the shone from vinylux!

Only thing that concerns me slightly is it contains one of the 'big 3' so will still be keeping my lumos for any pregnant/ttc clients and will also switch back next year when I will be trying for another baba!

x x

My lumos had a bit of an unfortunate accident and I needed a quick replacement so popped to Sally's to pick up seche vite and I am so glad I did!

Don't get me wrong I love lumos but the shine on seche vite - WOW! I would say its very very close to the shone from vinylux!

Only thing that concerns me slightly is it contains one of the 'big 3' so will still be keeping my lumos for any pregnant/ttc clients and will also switch back next year when I will be trying for another baba!

x x

I LOVE seche vite top coat:green:.
Everything about it is fabulous.

Is that the one you cure under uv or just the ordinary one?

I must say I love Seche vite! I was recommended it by a friend before I started training and honestly one of my best buys!!! I love the shine! And the quickness! And in my opinion I think it helps prolong manicures! Everyone I have done a simple manicure on has said it lasts them a week whereas usually they only last 2-3 days!

Seche vite is amazing! And really does (IMO) make manicures with regular polish last longer.

It's SO shiny too! And the shine lasts for ages x

How regularly does it need thinning? Just love how forgiving it is too! x

Oh yeah if some nail art looks a bit shoddy just adding some Seche vite over the top just smooths it all out and makes it so much better!! And yeah the shine lasts for ages too!

How regularly does it need thinning? Just love how forgiving it is too! x

It really is very forgiving! Over nail art it's amazing!

Tbh, I don't really thin mine as I go through it so quickly! (And I'm worried that it will ruin the product). Just remember to always 'float' it on as sometimes it can smear nail art etc

How does it compare to lumos as I love lumos, but always willing to try something new :)

I've never been able to use normal polish because i've already smudged it before it dries:p After I bought Seche Vite thats old news now!:D

I rarely use it anyways because i almost exclusively use gel polish now but it's so nice to have just in case:)

How does it compare to lumos as I love lumos, but always willing to try something new :)

I actually prefer it to lumos - lovely consistency (I bought the thinner as well in case it goes gloopy as I've been told it does abut half way down the bottle) and the shine is a lot better than lumos too! I tried the seche vite over vinylux on one nail to compare and I honestly couldn't tell the difference shine wise between seche and vinylux!

x

Oh one question I wanted to ask actually was do you all put the seche vite onto wet colour coats as it instructs? When I do this I get evaporation bubbles - will it affect the longevity of the manicure by putting it onto drier polish? What do you all do?

Seche vite is amazing! And really does (IMO) make manicures with regular polish last longer.

It's SO shiny too! And the shine lasts for ages x

I used to use it a few years back and my one gripe was that polish didn't last very long with it!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

x x

Hi, What do you mean one of the big 3? What is that? Laura x

Hi, What do you mean one of the big 3? What is that? Laura x

The big three refers to the chemicals DPB, formaldehyde (resin I believe) and toulene. They are considered harmful to varying degrees and most polishes are now big three free.

Seche vite contains toulene - which is thought to be harmful to unborn babies and is a potential reproductive toxin (or so google informs me :))

x

Oh wow! I didn't even know this :-/ I'm going to be checking my polish from now on! Thank you! Learn something new everyday! X

Oh wow! I didn't even know this :-/ I'm going to be checking my polish from now on! Thank you! Learn something new everyday! X

Don't worry Laura, most polishes these days don't have any of those ingredients anymore. In fact, Seche is the only product I know of that has toluene. I still use it though for certain things. I mainly use Shellac and Vinylux, but for regular old polish and nail art Seche is great. It's great on top of chunky glitters if you need a smooth service since it's so thick.

I never had a problem with bubbles and I always applied it to wet polish.

The two things I don't like are how fast it goes gloopy and that it's not a professional product, that's why I switched to Lumos in the salon. Lumos has pros and cons as well, but it never goes gloopy which is nice.

To be honest even though you may consider it as a non professional product, doesn't mean that most of the general public know about it. Most of the people I know have never heard of it, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Because aswell nowadays products like Opi essie orly and such can now be brought at boots and John Lewis, but I don't think Seche vite can. In fact it is one of the product I would retail to clients (most of my extension client just opt for a polish and nailart as it still lasts two weeks) but I haven't started retailing yet as I've only just qualified.

Don't worry Laura, most polishes these days don't have any of those ingredients anymore. In fact, Seche is the only product I know of that has toluene. I still use it though for certain things. I mainly use Shellac and Vinylux, but for regular old polish and nail art Seche is great. It's great on top of chunky glitters if you need a smooth service since it's so thick.

I never had a problem with bubbles and I always applied it to wet polish.

The two things I don't like are how fast it goes gloopy and that it's not a professional product, that's why I switched to Lumos in the salon. Lumos has pros and cons as well, but it never goes gloopy which is nice.

I use OPI as my polish and usually seche vite as my top coat although most of my clients have shellac but at least I know now. Although saying that the wholesalers I go to ran out last time and i bought "oh so wet" top coat which as fine x

Latest posts

Back