Second CND lamp - do you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone use 2 UV lamps on their manicure desk, i.e. one for each hand so that the client doesn't have to lean over to the lamp whilst holding their hand out to the tech?. I'm thinking about it myself but am I wasting money buying a second CND lamp?

yep, guilty..

far handier and quicker too.

clients love it, more comfortable for them.

Never thought about that but yep good idea!

Damn you! :)

I honestly hoped someone would say I was being a bit frivolous having two. But I am such a perfectionist....

....Now where's my S2 membership number? Lol! X

I have two lamps on my desk - more comfortable for the client :). My fave is def my cnd shellac lamp - love it !!

I would definitely have two lamps!

It makes it much easier - the client doesn't have to lean over all over the place and you don't have to reorganise everything every few minutes - and also slightly quicker if you're only doing a plain colour.

That's the plan after I have all 36 colours in my possession :D

I have two CND lamps on my desk. I love it. If you are busy, then it is definately worth it. Not only it saves time, but also makes you client feel more comfortable. Would not go back to one lamp ever again.

In fact I have also two lamps at my pedi station. Speeds up the toe treatments too.

;)

Two nail desks, two cnd lamps, one Bio Sculpture lamp in each treatment room for feet, four redundant Bio Sculpture lamps in store cupboard lol.

Jacqui xx

I was taught to always have two lamps as if something goes wrong with your first and you don't have a back up you are in deep doo-doo. This is another reason to have two. I hadn't thought of it but I'm going to try it! Thanks :)

Always have two...
1. what if you drop one while moving it from left to right
2. what if a bulb goes
3. cuts down service time = more time for more treatments = more money
4. much more comfortable for the client

I have a shoulder problem and sitting with my left hand over to my right would be really painful

It'll pay for itself really quickly

I've just bought a second one because lately I've had some, er, larger ladies with, er, impressive chesticles, who really struggle to cross their hands over with one lamp.
Re bulbs going; I've always had a spare set of bulbs, even when I had just one lamp.

Can I ask as lady's say it speeds up time and would like to purchase another lamp, do you polish both hands then tell client to pop them in lamp or as before - do one pop it in then the other

polish one, and whilst it's in the lamp, polish the other.
If you did it your way you would gain no time at all!

I've just bought a second one because lately I've had some, er, larger ladies with, er, impressive chesticles, who really struggle to cross their hands over with one lamp.
Re bulbs going; I've always had a spare set of bulbs, even when I had just one lamp.

Always love to start the day with a good chuckle ... And this did it, thanks Lynne.
:Love:

I just move mine across the table but it does get annoying and sometimes your waiting for it to go off like others say so I would quicken up with a second lamp.

I haven't got around to buying one yet but I will once I've stopped spending all my money on nail graphix glitters lol!

I like the idea of two lamps and I may well get another as back-up but I have always just move my lamp from one side to the other to the hand that needs curing!

I have always worked with 2 lamps, so much easier for the client, and therefore me.

i always have 2 lamps no matter the system!! new clients always comment that its more comfortable and part of what brings them back to me!!

I've been swapping my lamp from side to side....but feel I may have to pull out the emergency back up lamp to put on my table.

Genious!

Latest posts

Back