Second pregnancy weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faefae

Reaction score
Hi all mums, I'm planning baby no2 and was wondering if u put on more weight with ur first or ur second?! Was it harder to lose afterwards? X

I have just reached 6 months of my second pregnancy ( I miscarried last year but at 2 months )
I am so happy to be pregnant but have to say that I am definitely much bigger than with my first!! I am actually getting worried, my gynaecologist says all is fine, I am not carrying excess weight but bump is huge :) I am only 5ft 3 and feel that another few months growing at this rate seem impossible !! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy,Victoria x

Hi all mums, I'm planning baby no2 and was wondering if u put on more weight with ur first or ur second?! Was it harder to lose afterwards? X

I put on around the same with both...but found losing weight much easier with my second.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I put on around the same with both...but found losing weight much easier with my second.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app
That's reassuring!! :)

With my first pregnancy (many years ago) I put on 12 LBS in total. I had a great pregnancy and a lovely daughter. Six months later and I was pregnant again but this time I put on 4 stone!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it (fluid retention) and the pregnancy was a more difficult one. My son was born 6 weeks early and within 3 months of having him my weight returned to almost normal. I'm just answering your question here and really hope you are not put off as i'm sure you will hear of many different experiences xx

I'm only 5ft 3 also and put on 3.5 stone with my first, which I lost gradually - I was soooooo huge lol! My joints were killing me with the excess weight; I had a c-section so had to be careful with any exercise.

I know each pregnancy is completely different; I'm not put off by it, but just want to be prepared to get huge again lol!

Did any of you have more loose skin or stretch marks with the second? I think that bothers me more than the weight :-/

Thanks for your replies x

I was a bit bigger with my second first was 7lb 6oz second 8lb 2 & 1/2oz first one I put half a stone on second I put a stone one I lost the weight quickly with both. Good luck x

I'm only 5ft 3 also and put on 3.5 stone with my first, which I lost gradually - I was soooooo huge lol! My joints were killing me with the excess weight; I had a c-section so had to be careful with any exercise.

I know each pregnancy is completely different; I'm not put off by it, but just want to be prepared to get huge again lol!

Did any of you have more loose skin or stretch marks with the second? I think that bothers me more than the weight :-/

Thanks for your replies x

I feel exactly the same!! I am interested in others replies regarding stretch marks and loose skin however there is not much to be done for me at this point other than lather on oil lol!! Seriously though it will all be so worth it, can I ask you about the c section? I have been advised to have one this time around, I am concerned regarding recovery and how long it is likely to take me to get up and about? I know everyone is different but am trying to get some advice preferably unbiased!! <3

I was lucky & didn't get any stretch marks with my first I did with my second I've also found that I've put weight on a lot easier after having my second

After having 6 children I would say its harder to lose the weight the older you get. I would usually snap back to a size 10 within a couple of months after baby but my last baby I'm still waiting to be a size 10 again after 5 yrs lol

Had a section with my 1st and got a terrinle infection, was out of action for 3 months. 2nd time round i had another section but recoverd more quickly as no infection (8 weeks ago) however had complications so section scar is very big and just cant get rid of my belly...if it wasnt for that ild b back in my size 12s but have to ware a 14 for my belly lol :cry x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I put on a stone with my first but this time around, I'm 19 weeks and put on 2lbs and flat belly when laying down!! Whereas my sister is pregnant with baby no2 and she's absolutely huge!!! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like I will just have to wait and see how huge I'll get lol

Gained 15 pounds with my third! I kept walking and eating right, breastfed for 16 months and it literally melted the weight off me

When I had my first child (1996/97) I was weighed by midwives/nurses/Dr's regularly (probably every 2/3 weeks), I had a record of how much I weighed right through my pregnancy.

With my second child 6 years later (2002/03) they weighed me a few times but a lot less than my first pregnancy. There was a lot less focus on weight and more focus on the baby's growth and my pregnancy symptoms etc...

On my third child (2006/07) I think I was weighed once the first time I saw the midwife and then don't recall being weighed again at all.

On my fourth child (2007/08) I think I was again weighed just the once on my first midwife appointment.

I have found that I have gained weight with each child and lost most of it very soon after birth.

I have found that it is a lot harder to eat whatever I want without slowly gaining weight :sad: I don't think it is to do with getting older rather than being pregnant though.

I think it's partly to do with the fact that when you have children you tend to snack more and eat less healthy foods.
You cook for them and have the same thing for ease and you often find yourself picking at their leftovers rather than wasting the food (finish the pack of crisps they just opened & left, eating the last bit of a chocolate bar they don't want, eat the whole sausages they left on their plate as they were full, etc....).

I love fresh fruit & veg, and try to eat healthy but even when I'm dieting I find it VERY hard to loose weight. I was doing WW last year and had to be really strict and stick to my daily points & NOT have my weekly points to be able to lose weight.

I know that the contraception I'm on doesn't help with my weight either and it's known to make people put weight on (although it's not totally to blame as I could still lose weight when being REALLY strict on WW with it).

As for stretch marks, I look at mine and see the proof that I have had 4 children. I don't go about the place showing them off but I am not ashamed of them either, they are natural and a sign that my body created & carried my 4 fabulous & unique children.

When I had my first child (1996/97) I was weighed by midwives/nurses/Dr's regularly (probably every 2/3 weeks), I had a record of how much I weighed right through my pregnancy.

With my second child 6 years later (2002/03) they weighed me a few times but a lot less than my first pregnancy. There was a lot less focus on weight and more focus on the baby's growth and my pregnancy symptoms etc...

On my third child (2006/07) I think I was weighed once the first time I saw the midwife and then don't recall being weighed again at all.

On my fourth child (2007/08) I think I was again weighed just the once on my first midwife appointment.

I have found that I have gained weight with each child and lost most of it very soon after birth.

I have found that it is a lot harder to eat whatever I want without slowly gaining weight :sad: I don't think it is to do with getting older rather than being pregnant though.

I think it's partly to do with the fact that when you have children you tend to snack more and eat less healthy foods.
You cook for them and have the same thing for ease and you often find yourself picking at their leftovers rather than wasting the food (finish the pack of crisps they just opened & left, eating the last bit of a chocolate bar they don't want, eat the whole sausages they left on their plate as they were full, etc....).

I love fresh fruit & veg, and try to eat healthy but even when I'm dieting I find it VERY hard to loose weight. I was doing WW last year and had to be really strict and stick to my daily points & NOT have my weekly points to be able to lose weight.

I know that the contraception I'm on doesn't help with my weight either and it's known to make people put weight on (although it's not totally to blame as I could still lose weight when being REALLY strict on WW with it).

As for stretch marks, I look at mine and see the proof that I have had 4 children. I don't go about the place showing them off but I am not ashamed of them either, they are natural and a sign that my body created & carried my 4 fabulous & unique children.
What a lovely post! You cheered me up!! <3

I have two litluns... With both I put on 2 1/2- 3 stone which was considered high as I am 5 "2 and weighed a tad over 8 stone.... I was very lucky with my post baby weight as it pretty much went without any effort... I don't have any stretch marks except one little one on my thigh which i quite like... its my mummy tiger stipe... :)

My first babe was 9lb 3oz....a shock to everyone especially my midwife who said she expected a 7lb er. My second was lighter (thankfully) at 7lb 9.5oz... Both overdue by 9 days.....

Three years on and I am at my lightest since aged 15! 7st 9lbs... But I did have cysts with my second which probably was polycystic ovaries that have since settled..hence lighter weight.

With my first pregnancy a girl i gained 1 1/2 stone in all. Im now 19wks with second baby and already gained 1 stone. I do feel i'll be bigger this time round. x

How do you juggle four?! I'm worried about having two lol

I honestly think that having 1 is harder than 2/3/4.

A lone child wants your attention a lot, when there are more of them they occupy each other. I manage with 4 quite easily. My eldest is 16, then I have a 10 year old then the 2 youngest are 6 & 5 (13 months between them).

So the 16 year old is usually off doing his own thing & the 10 year old is quite helpfull (MOST of the time).

During the holidays I often have other kids come to play, so there can be anything up to about 10 kids here playing.

We go through crisps, fruit, lollies, tiptops & squash like there is not tommorrow in the 6 weeks holidays.

I shop at Aldi & Farmfoods as I find they both great value for money shops.

Latest posts

Back