Secret Santa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok you crazies

I'm getting all sorts of pm's missing names, addresses, and their lists LOL
I've spent more time asking more questions than I have copying all the info down

hahahahah

SO Here's your "stickey" to refer to, to make sure you get it all straight
hahahahaha

GEEK SECRET SANTA

CUTOFF: November 28th 2006, Midnight EST (montreal quebec time)
Names will be assigned the next morning in secret.

RULES:
  1. You may NOT tell anyone a single thing about who's name you got, and what you are buying them. Santa will be royally ticked at any cheaters LOL It's a SECRET. Only the receiver may know WHEN they receive their gift, and only THEN may they divulge who their Santa was. :p
  2. Do NOT spend more than 5$ (2.5pounds). We are buying ONLY trinkets. Shipping must be considered, and we are very many of us on a tight budget. It's not about the value, it's about the thought. If someone goes over budget, other geeks feelings might be hurt since they can't really afford to spend more. OK????? This is why there's a rule. So even the poor folk can be happy about their purchases. No one gets 'out-done".
  3. You may NOT send nail stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO NAIL SUPPLIES.. no nail art, zip/nada/zilch. It's xmas, it's about love and fun. Although we allllllllll love nails.. let's put nails aside for a change.
  4. Pm'ing Me with your stats. I want A)Full name B)Full address incl. country C) your list of likes, interests and hobbies. NO ONE wants coal. The list is necessary as someone may get a name of a geek they know nothing about and need help without soliciting the assistance of another geek. Also, some people are just generally shopping-challenged. So please, don't say "I like everything" or I'll tell your santa to send coal or rubber dog poo :lick:
  5. When you send your gift, PLEASE send it in time for xmas. If you are participating, I'm sure your Santa will be in a rush to send yours. You know how the postal service can be during the holidays, insane.. Please keep this in mind. PLEASE put a return address JUST IN CASE and please let them know who you are so they can thank you.
Ok

Now that I've played the part of a cranky elf on a rampage, keep the pm's coming!
:Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:

NOTES:

You CAN be from anywhere in the world. THAT'S part of why I chose the maximum allowable spending limit, as I was taking shipping into account. If items cost very little, then odds are that they are 'small'. Small things are cheaper to ship. :)

ASSIGNMENT OF NAMES

The cutoff is November 28th. On November 29th, I will mix everyone's name in a hat, and start by picking to make list of who's giving to who. It will be random.
Between the 29th and 30th, as I can, I will send out pm's with the details to all participants. Keep in mind, the number of participants is the number of pm's I have to send. PLEASE be patient.
WHEN I have finished sending the pm's with details, I will post a notice that the pm's have been sent. IF after that time you have NOT received a pm. PLEASE let me know right away!
I also have a 3yr old and a 5yr old to distract me during the day... so it takes time. LOL

I do NOT want any 'special requests'. They will be DENIED. This is completely random. Also, I do NOT want any pm's of "i don't like so-and-so, please change the name". Guess what? At christmas, we love everyone. Sooooo whoever you get is who you shop for and be a good boy or girl, and be nice. Anyone who doesn't play nice, gets crossed off the list next year.
Yes, this evil elf will do it. LOL Don't doubt for a second that I wouldn't.

Now have fun and stay outta trouble and I'm sure Santa will be good to you.
(except for those missing part C in their pm's, they're getting rubber dog poo! hahaha listen to my evil laugh LOL)

OH I FORGOT.... If the postal service is what it usually is at Christmas.. (and of course it will be) I'm sure it's likely to happen that someone will get a parcel late.
PLEASE do not pm to ask me about this until the end of January. If by then, you've received nothing, ONLY THEN will I contact your Santa to find out what's going on.

Ok, I think I've covered it all now. Let's hope so LOL

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

1. Mr/Mrs Anonymous (just for me, hee hee)
    AmydeMan
    1999Judy
    BABSann
    babynailtec
    babyshakes
    Bagpuss
    Becki X
    Bev Rose
    bling nails
    Bombinigirl
    Bubbabinks
    butterfly100
    butterflygirl
    Byzantium
    CadenceAlex
    cathie!
    chris2807
    christi
    Claire Miles
    clara doon
    clairet
    cutenickle
    cutie_pie
    dee
    Debs67
    donna967
    dingbat
    ellasmum
    emma M
    emsybabe!
    Fab Freak
    FabulousFingers
    florence2004
    *flower*
    *Garfield* (formerly known as nailaholic)
    gemsie1983
    gina
    Glamnails72
    grafxgal
    *Han*
    handmaiden
    HeatherDavis
    huerta3
    Jac Extreme
    jeni giles
    *Joanne*
    joe90
    JoJoPearce
    joolz
    Kadie
    kittenclaws
    kittyglitter
    Klassy Klaws
    Laystar
    LBR
    Lellipop
    leshell
    Lisaloveliness
    Little Angel
    loubylou
    louiser
    Linzwee
    *Marie*
    Marlise
    Michelle16
    Mike
    Minkus
    Mrs.Clooney
    Mrs Geek
    Ms.Matrix
    Nail Chick
    Nail creations
    *NailFairy*
    nailfreak06
    nailsinlondon1
    Nailsnovice
    naturalnails
    nemotail
    newintown
    northern nails
    NoticeableNails
    NtricateDesigns
    oey
    orchideaele
    pellant
    pennijar
    Peter Pan
    Phoebe Cat
    pickle
    pinkmummy
    pippadoodle
    Pips
    poppy2
    prionace
    Rach
    rach269
    Raw-Beauty
    rjryan (aka hope)
    San
    sarah147
    Sassy Hassy
    scattyfox
    sparklepink
    Spray 2 go
    snugglepuss
    stanleyann
    SusieH
    teri
    theloopeeone
    TraceyJJo
    Tsia
    Twinkletoes910
    ValencianNails
    vetty
    weezie
    whitmore
    xniceyloux
    Yuri

I'll keep updating this list as I can.
    If 3days after submitting to me your info, your name does not appear PLEASE pm me again.
    thanks!!

PS: who thinks we should harass "The Great And All Powerfull" GMG and family to participate?
    Afterall, without a "salongeek", there would be no "Geek Secret Santa", now would there????
    Come on, get me those addies :)

Sounds like fun.xx

:Love: OOh Victoria I do love it when you get all masterful! Can i stand at ease now lol! OKay I'll actually put this as a sticky for you until the 28th as I think it's such a lovely idea :D

ooowwww who died and made you chief elf young lady:lol::lol::lol::lol: you could give those other elfs a good sorting out and if you carry on you will be santa next year...:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: all i can say is i,m glad your not my mum:):):) then again i may come over and get a few tips for my kids...

this is a fab idea hun.. you really have a heart of gold..:Love::Love:

i cant wait this will be so fun!
i just cant think of anything to put on my list..

I have joined in this will be great fun and a pressie for Meeeee under our tree.

Joan

Cant wait to find out who I have got.

And Victoria well done for arranging and sorting this out.

what a cool idea victoria wow now we have all got our thinking hats on xxx

:eek: :lol: :lol:

I step away for a couple of hours (working on daughter's preschool stuff, sorting out the plan for the concert and working on the raffle baskets that I'm donating) and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA:o 20pms:suprised: holy cow LOL

Took me forever to copy and paste all the info from pm's to word & excel HAHA
SO SORRY if I don't reply, wayyyyyyyyyyy too many hahaha

THEN I come on to do an update AND can't find my thread.. scrolling and scrolling..
scroll some more
Yup, I'm a blonde and blind idiot.
Do a search, and what do ya know?

My first official "Stickey' thread and I scrolled right past it HAHAHAH:lol:

Thanks everyone!!!! Without your participation, this just couldn't happen.
All I did was offer an idea.

Thanks for all your kind words too!!!!!!! :Love: :Love: :Love: I'm sorry if I can't respond one by one to the pm's and reps.. but.. yup.. lots there, and still working on the list LOL

Ok, so I'm gonna scroll up to the top of this thread and add the LIST OF PARTICIPANTS that will be updated as I receive names.
If you do not see your name, then I've goofed somewhere, so please pm me again. (wait a day or two, to be sure, as I'm not here 24/7 LOL)
OK?
This list at the top will keep getting updated.
It only serves to let you know I got your pm.

:Love: :Love: :Love: to everyone. YOU are the ones making this a success. Not me. I'm just the idea-maker.
xoxo

ooowwww who died and made you chief elf young lady:lol::lol::lol::lol: you could give those other elfs a good sorting out and if you carry on you will be santa next year...:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: all i can say is i,m glad your not my mum:):):) then again i may come over and get a few tips for my kids...

this is a fab idea hun.. you really have a heart of gold..:Love::Love:

LOL

Ummm the older "chief elf" retired (good thing too, poor old fart was all cross-eyed from reading santa letters all these years)

And umm... well, I used to be an Office Administrator & Executive Assistant to the Pres for an Investment Firm where I constantly had to whip Stock Brokers into shape.
Ummm for those not in the know, brokers are animals and you need a big mouth and bigger cohonas (that come in a dumptruck) to stand up to them and get them to tow the line LOL:lol: Plus my old man was in the US Navy and fought in Nam.....
Soooo I guess I come by the 'bossiness' naturally
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Yeah, my kids know what's what.
So does my hubby
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ps: I am sooooooooooooooooooooo loving the pm's addressed "dear santa, please don't send rubber dog poo"
They are cracking me up:D

WHOOOHOOOOO

the user name thingy works now

thank you thank you thank you GMG :Love:

Let it be known by all, I am now "Secret-Santa Geek"

ahhahahaha

Now I gotta change my avatar, lol, time to dig out the santa hat and tripod for my camera haha

for those of you mailing across the ocean, remember that the country and country code (which can be found on line or at your local post office) need to be the last line of the adress. You must also declare what is in the package for customs, be sure your package is secure and the adress is clearly marked.

I put a package in the post headed for West Yorkshire and it cost $9.10 USD priority, that was only a dollar more than regular parcel post and it will be delivered much sooner. (4-6 days instead of 3-4 weeks)

Hellllllooooooo??????

I seem to remember asking for GMG and family members to pm me their details so that Santa can send them pressies too.
:p

Get hopping! Everyone's gotta play!

:Love:

but what would we get GMG and family ???? what do get the guy(and gal) who has everything??????????

BUT if they get ME 10% off a brisa induction would be cool !! wink wink xx

Whhhoooooooo how exciting!!! this is going to be soooooooo much fun!! brilliant idea Victoria! and yes come on Gmg & family!! xxxxx

but what would we get GMG and family ???? what do get the guy(and gal) who has everything??????????

BUT if they get ME 10% off a brisa induction would be cool !! wink wink xx

:lick: The VERY SAME rules applies to them that applies to EVERYONE else. We are buying 'tokens', 'trinkets' or giving hand-made gifts. NOT allowed to go over the allowed spending limit of $5 or 2.5pounds (whatever that rate of exhange is LOL), cute fun gifts, gag gifts.
This is not about presents that make people cry. This is not about 'out-gifting others' or anything like that.
This is only about saying something along the lines of "I know you from geek, you're my special friend and I wanted you to know I think of you during the holidays"
Know what I mean????????
Sending something small that brings a smile or a chuckle is the only intent.
And I'm sure they don't have the entire contents of Walmart and Marks& spencer's in their homes.... I'm sure we could find 'something'.
Hey, maybe they DON'T have socks with cows on them.
lol

PS:
This is our own way having a Geek Xmas party since the majority of us, can't meet the everyone and spread christmas cheer.
that's all this is.
not a contest.
Just christmas cheer and good clean fun (ok, maybe rubber doggie poo isn't so clean LOL who knows what it was before it was rubberized hahaha)

Fab idea V, I am soooooo excited........wonder who I will get!!!!!

Hellllllooooooo??????

I seem to remember asking for GMG and family members to pm me their details so that Santa can send them pressies too.
:p

Get hopping! Everyone's gotta play!

I don't often say a lot but I agree GMG and family could get involved!!! Ok I have now gone back to silent mode:o

WOW

we've hit the 50mark... and only on the first day LOL

Looks like my job is cut out for me,that's for sure
hahahaha

keep the names and info coming guys and gals....

And guys... don't be shy... join the club.
DON'T be a Scrooge!
:lol: :hug:

Bahhhhhhhhhh humbug :irked:

Latest posts

Back