Seeking a vacancy in a Nail Salon??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Morris

Reaction score
Hiya all

Does anyone know of any Nail Salons recruiting around the Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area??

I have finally had enough of my office job and want to move into Nails full time and do what I enjoy the most!!!

I am looking for either full time or 4 days per week.

Would be greatful if anyone knows or anything? or any websites that may advertise for vacancies in the Nail Industry??

8)

Hi Stephaine,

Have you tried your local job center you can even search for a job online. I keep a regular check to see if there are any vaccancies!

Lou xxx :D

I'm not sure about this but it could be worth a try!! Call Pamela Rohlf at 'Nail Talk' in Maidenhead - Berks! She is this years British Nail Tech of the Year and has a great salon - maybe she is looking for someone!! 01628 829700!! Tell her who sent you! ;)

hi,
Have you looked at:
http://www.beautyjobsonline.com/
they may have a nail tech job in your area.

Jess
;-)

Hi ya Stephanie,
So you wanna take the plunge so to speak..........................
Well done for taking the first step................
I don't know what you are looking for, well I do it's got to be nails..........
So I thought,( well I do that a lot recently lol) .......think that is.........

So here it goes, you want to work as a Technician, you want to have some control over your life, you want to do, what you enjoy most and earn money...............
:idea:
So why not promote your self, rather then waiting for someone to advertise,why not, make someone belief that they need you ..............
Advertise yourself, have a look at some locations you like the look of, are there any shops that havent got a nailbar or nail station. It doesn't have to be a hairdressers, could be a Tanning Salon, Sports centre, Beauty Salon. etc.........
Use someone elses market research to chosse your location.........
McDonalds Costa Coffee, Starbuck, Pret etc. never choose a site unless they have researched their earning potential, they all go where there is money to be earned..................
So the ideal location would be a high street, next door to Macci D's in a Beauty Establishment of somesort...............
Get your Portfolio together, Certificates, CV, Pictures, Pricelist, Flyers etc. and then go and do the brave thing......................
Ask for the manager/owner ,make an appointment, that way you know you will havae time to impress and have a fair chance to strut your stuff................
:D
Have answers ready like you want to rent space for xamount £, or flat rent or % . You will provide your own stock, retail aso...........
Someone out there will think...........Boy we need her in here , she is a go getter and will be an asset to our business..........
Do you understand where I 'm coming from???????
;)
You can still keep an eye out for adverts , but it also makes you feel like you are doing it with no stone left unturned and the chances being, you will be a earning professional Tech in no time...............
Another thought, if you are being employed, some one else is earning pounds from your time and someone is putting so to speak a price on your work..............................
Trust me... ;) ;) ;) .............
This is not the easy route, I have been there, bills to pay, no and I didn't have a partner that could just put up with my whim of wanting to be a Techie and business woman, I did it because my marriage broke up :( , I left him, so I was the one having to do it the hard way, so I was more determind then most to succeed, so I left my job ,did some mobile work and got a place in the City of London, Concession in a Tanning Shop, which led to 2 Concessions and that was over10 years ago and I have never looked back..................

So good luck, with the right frame of mind and plenty of chat and some great ideas you will do great.............
Trust me I am a Nail Technician and earning money............
Lots of love
Ruth xxx
P.S. I hope this didn't sound like a cermon, just some verbal go and get 'em girl, you will be fab ................

What a FANTASIC reply, Ruth! :D

I'm all with you!

Get out there Stephanie, have confidence in yourself and show off your work!

You'll soon have offers rolling in!

Good luck!

Karen X

Hi Ruth

Wow FAB IDEAS!!! Thank you so much for that email, it has made me very positive. I am already setting up a mobile nail and airbrush tanning business and promoting it with leaflets, yellow pages, business cards in hair salons etc... but have been finding it slow.. Any other ideas???

So my idea now is if I can get a position self employed in a Nail Salon for 3/4 days per week and that leaves me 2/3 days to promote my mobile business.

The problem I have is I have a mortgage and financial committments so can't leave my office job (which does pay well) without something firm to go to!!!

Good news is I have a chat with a lady in a nail bar about 20 minutes from my house on Saturday so i'll let you know how I get on.

Take care
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back