Self employed eyebrow therapist wanted in Birmingham city hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camdens hair

Reaction score
New hair salon coming to The Square Shopping Centre, Birmingham requires trained and motivated staff to join the team. We have one full time self-employed position available.

You should be an experienced threading therapist in eye brow shaping, facial hair removal, eyebrow and eyelash tinting and lash extensions.

Must work a Saturday. Need to possess a professional attitude, be outgoing, friendly and motivated. Existing client base is recommended.

This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting new business.

Please forward your CV with relevant skills/qualifications to [email protected]

Due to a high volume of responses, we will only respond to those who we feel are suitable.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

New hair salon coming to The Square Shopping Centre, Birmingham requires trained and motivated staff to join the team. We have one full time self-employed position available.

You should be an experienced threading therapist in eye brow shaping, facial hair removal, eyebrow and eyelash tinting and lash extensions.

Must work a Saturday. Need to possess a professional attitude, be outgoing, friendly and motivated. Existing client base is recommended.

This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting new business.

Please forward your CV with relevant skills/qualifications to [email protected]

Due to a high volume of responses, we will only respond to those who we feel are suitable.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

You don't say in your post if your expecting a set rent per week/month or if your wanting a percent split and if a split if you would supply the products or if the therapist gets to choose what they want to use.

You do realise that if you rent to a self employed therapist (either set rent or percent split) you can't dictate what days & hours they work, you can only dictate their hours if you employ a therapist.

You can't tell them they have to be full time and you can't tell them they have to work Saturdays. I hope your ready for a self employed therapist to interview you as their landlord, do you realise once in you have no say in how they run their business under your roof? I also hope your expecting this self employed therapist to set their own prices and take their own money. If not you may want to go look at the HMRC guidelines for self employed as getting it wrong and treating the self employed as employed can get a salon into big trouble.

Hi Baggybear, perhaps I should have stated set rent in the thread, I thought those interested would contact me for further information. Its a chair rental in a hair salon, they will use their own products and take the money themselves and set the prices. I assumed that was the very nature of self employed. I should be much clearer so appreciate you responding.

Hi Baggybear, perhaps I should have stated set rent in the thread, I thought those interested would contact me for further information. Its a chair rental in a hair salon, they will use their own products and take the money themselves and set the prices. I assumed that was the very nature of self employed. I should be much clearer so appreciate you responding.
You would be shocked at the amount of businesses that DON'T follow the HMRC guidelines and try to treat self employed as employed. You would also be shocked at the number of therapists that don't know the difference between being employed and self employed and therefore often get duped by opportunistic Salon owners into working as self employed when they should really be employed with the benefits of employment (not all salon owners are like this of course, but we need to educate wherever possible to limit the chances of it continuing in our industry).

Latest posts

Back