Self employed or employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstys beauty

We put the treat in your treatment.
Reaction score
Hi all just after some advice I currently have my own little salon. However I am looking to move as my current landlady is unbearable. I looked at a place yesterday where I would be going into a salon working along side another girl who does nails on a self employed basis, she has given me a copy of the contract she had with the last girl, and it states in there I can only have 5.6 weeks holiday all year and no longer than 2 weeks at a time. So would I be working there as an employee or self employed as I would be paying her a set amount a day. Hope that makes sense.

If you are self-employed then it is up to you how much holiday you take.
5.6 sounds a very precise figure?!
Could it be that you are self employed but the owner allows you 5.6 weeks rent free?
Make sure you are very clear on all the details before you sign anything.
Take the contract to an adviser if unsure.

If you are self-employed then it is up to you how much holiday you take.
5.6 sounds a very precise figure?!
Could it be that you are self employed but the owner allows you 5.6 weeks rent free?
Make sure you are very clear on all the details before you sign anything.
Take the contract to an adviser if unsure.
Thanks CFBS
Have not signed anything yet, I think it was just cos the previous girl was so unreliable, she would just phone her on the day and tell her she would not be in. It is only the previous girls contract she had shown me.

Latest posts

Back