Self employed pension

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Morrice 1

Reaction score
Hi I’m assuming there may be posts already asking the question so if there are any points in the right direction would be appreciated my question is what everyone does for there retirement? Do you have a private pension in place of a works pension if we were employed or are there other options does anyone know? X

Funny enough this is something I've just started sorting out this week and it's a minefield.

There is some worth in speaking to an independent financial advisor who can tell you what's best for YOU and your needs based on your attitude to risk.

For example, I'm looking at a SIPP with Hargreaves Lansdown but I'm fairly comfortable picking what funds and shares I want to invest in (remind me I said this when I'm 60! lol).

I did really like the look of one of Aviva's plan but their online application postcode thing is messed up otherwise I probably would go with that. I just can't be arsed to ring them up lol.

There are some great tax benefits so it's worth speaking to your accountant too.

I went to an independent advisor for my private pension. However that was back in 1992 where as now you can research everything on line to help your decision.
You should start a pension before age 30 so that you have enough years to get a good amount in the pot.

Thanks so much for the info, I was thinking of an financial advisor I’ll maybes look in to that! I’m a bit late in the day I’m 41 ach I suppose better late than never eh xxx

Latest posts

Back