Self employed stock help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne90

Reaction score
Hi so I have a few people that rent chairs from me and I’m struggling with stock control! So basically I buy all the colour stock as the brand we use you can’t buy from wholesale.. at the end of the week they total up what they have used and pay me for it! Only this week I noticed one of them had a few things missing off what they said they had used compared to what I had seen them use. I don’t always have time to watch and count myself what they are using being a busy stylist myself. Any ideas how I can manage this better?

You could bring it up with her she may just be ran off her feet and genuinely completely forgot, other option is to include colour in the chair rental price adding an extra percentage on to cover it? Xx

Can you not enter the stock amount into the computer system at the beginning of your next full stock order (add all of the stock up that you have already) enter the amount into your computer system. Every time a stylist opens a tube of colour they must put the empty box with the barcode into a bin which then at the end of every week got scanned by our receptionist to calculate how many we had used/had left/needed to order. Not sure how you would calculate this for your stylists that are self employed (write their name on the box?) that way you will be able to see any that are not accounted for. Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back