Self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
I rent space in a salon and decided today to mark my book off (finish early friday and saturday off) to spend some time at home with the family, only to be abused by the owner that I can't take this time off! I've been there 9 months and took last Saturday off to go to a wedding but other than that I have had no other time off.
Am I being unreasonable/selfish by wanting to take a bit of time out?

If you are self employed then it is totally up to you to work when you want and you are free to take time off whenever you want.

So long as you are paying your rent then it is nothing to do with the salon owner as she is just your landlord.

Ensure she understands that as self employed you are your own boss, she is the landlord and has no say in how your business is run so long as you are paying the agreed rent.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just as I thought too.
She has made me so angry. She's also trying to talk me out of my price increase that I'm planning from 1/7/13.

I just want to scream :(

It is your business under her roof. What you do, how you do it, when you do it & what you charge for it, is all your choice & none of her business.

If she continues to get on your case about these things you may want to print out the definiton of self employed from the HMRC site and show it to her.

Latest posts

Back