self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer_1

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
I am now self employed!! :eek: renting space at a hairdressers, starting next week as still tryting to sort out stock etc, have everything bought except for clients chair, waiting on my brush being delivered and my leaflets being printed and as soon as they'r sorted i can start!
im so excited but sooo scared! i was just wondering if any geeks that rent space have advice as all this is new to me! tbh i didnt realise how costly it would be im now £300 overdrawn as a result and spent a further £200 that was a gift from my dad on products etc!
The girl that owns the salon has told me about a business grant that she got and said i'm eligible for this?? has anyone else heard of or received this?? i'v registered on the website and am just waiting to hear back.
any advice appreciated!
:p

Hi Dreamer, Have you browsed thru the "biz geek" forum?

There is alot of great infomation in there posted by other geeks on here that are self employed..

BTW...Congrats!! Wishing you the best.

Well no longer at the hair salon! not having much luck im afraid!
my sister was renting room from her too as a beautician and she's left too cause of same problem!
It was good at the start but towards the end was having major problems with the salon owner! it started off just little things like asking me what time i was going to be starting at the next day and hassling me about putting in advertisement to papers and getting a board outside advertising my services which i wanted to do but simply couldnt afford at the time!
then she started asking what time i would be in the next day and just generally getting too involved in my business even though i was self employed!!
it all came to a head when i was out delivering flyers and she phoned me to check up asking where i was so i told her and she said which area did u cover?! so when i got back to the salon we had argument and i decided to go!
i havent realy explained it all cause i dont want to go on too long but there were so many other reasons and im just glad im away from it all! iv been dreading work for past few weeks cause of the terrible atmosphere in the place and thats something i dont expect when im doing a job i love so much!!
think im going to go mobile for a while and see what happens!!

Gosh sorry it didnt work out for you chick.....I had a similar experience working in a salon around this time last year so I can totally sympathise. :hug::hug:

Really sorry that it didnt work out for you mate:hug: but everything happens for a reason so dont lose heart:) something great will be around the corner! I am a mobile beauty therapist and that has its advantages, so maybe you will enjoy the mobile side yourself and make a great business out of it.
Good on you for getting and having a go though mate:hug::hug::hug:

Really sorry that it didnt work out for you mate:hug: but everything happens for a reason so dont lose heart:) something great will be around the corner! I am a mobile beauty therapist and that has its advantages, so maybe you will enjoy the mobile side yourself and make a great business out of it.
Good on you for getting and having a go though mate:hug::hug::hug:

aww thanks i'm definitely gonna try mobile for a while see how it goes! :hug:

Latest posts

Back