Selling Hand Painted False Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
I am currently trying to save so that I can do a nail technician course, because once my children are both at school full time, I would like to be a mobile nail technician.

My interest is in hand painted nail art, from which I have been told I am quite good. I currently practice on family and friends when someone suggested that I sell hand painted false nails to help fund my course.

Do any of you have an opinion on this, whether for or against. I am happy to receive any suggestions.

Thanks
Sarah

There is someone on ebay that sells airbrushed nails but they can only be overlaid with gel,
If you mean the full false nails that can be bought in super markets then glued onto the nail, i would say no because it is really bad for your nails to glue them on like this as most people just prise them off instead of soaking them off correctly,
i don't see why you cant charge people for painting the design straight onto their nails,
granted it wont last as long as it will once you have been trained how to prep the nail but it is safer than people gluing nails on top of their natural nail hth

If there is a market for it why not??

Many people do wear false nails (even though they are the most unsanitary things on the face of the earth). :eek:

My guess is though, that you will not charge nor will people pay for the time it takes you to do them. But as an idea for a one off evening or weekend if you KNOW there is a market .. why not?

This is just my opinion.
People LOVE hand painted nail art and you can do this at home at your leisure on tips but...people don't want to pay the price. You have to think about how much time and work goes into it when you price it...and again it's original not mass produced.

There is someone on ebay that sells airbrushed nails but they can only be overlaid with gel,
If you mean the full false nails that can be bought in super markets then glued onto the nail, i would say no because it is really bad for your nails to glue them on like this as most people just prise them off instead of soaking them off correctly,
i don't see why you cant charge people for painting the design straight onto their nails,
granted it wont last as long as it will once you have been trained how to prep the nail but it is safer than people gluing nails on top of their natural nail hth

Why cant the Airbrushed tips that someone is selling on eBay be used
with Acrylic overlay?? I thought that all airbrushed tips could be used
with either Gel or Acrylic.

Why cant the Airbrushed tips that someone is selling on eBay be used
with Acrylic overlay?? I thought that all airbrushed tips could be used
with either Gel or Acrylic.
Don't know hun,
they advertise them as only to be used with gel, maybe it is because they airbrush the tips themselves,
i don't use an airbrush or gel so don't really know but will go and find them and get a number so you can go on ebay and have a look for your self
ok found them, type in 230172658709 to the search on ebay and they will come up, they state that they are unsuitable for acrylic overlays ?

Latest posts

Back