Selling on your website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone sells aftercare products on their website e.g. Solar oil or do you only retail products face to face?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Interested in this also

I did a similar thread on this a while ago regarding putting prices on Facebook for after-care products.
The answer seemed to come back as a yes do as most people wont bother mailing you for a price or calling, seems to be if you don't put the price up they assume its expensive or it passes over them as if its not for sale.

I sell candles on mine and have just started to put the skincare on there too and its had interest, not too many sales but its early days.

Good luck :)

Great thanks hun so you dont need to contact the brand company to sell their prpdict on our websites? X

I'm interested to know that too beautyy123

Hopefully some other on here do it or wanted to do it and will have some advice for us?? Xx

Hi.

I rang sweet squared out of courtesy to let them know of my intentions..they were fine about it...I retail solar oil and also will be the sensations...and also opi lacquers..for which I will also let Lena white know..

Just ring the company to clarify will be the advice I give

Sarah xxxx

Evening all,

Contact each company that you have items for that you wish to retail via the Internet.

Some companies are very specific about imaging, wording and retail pricing. You may need to enter into a contract regarding image usage.

If for nothing else most companies will supply you with approved/promotional images that can help your sales.

Hope this helps.

Pauline x

Thank you ladies xx

Sorry Guys I only just saw you had replied. Yes, as above I have contacted all of my suppliers and all of them have been very helpful about it and seem fine with us doing it, afteral,l what's boosting our sales is boosting theirs too :).

Thank you I will contact them and see what they say

Hi.

I rang sweet squared out of courtesy to let them know of my intentions..they were fine about it...I retail solar oil and also will be the sensations...and also opi lacquers..for which I will also let Lena white know..

Just ring the company to clarify will be the advice I give

Sarah xxxx

Babe, Have e-mailed L.white today and basically said you cant sell their products on your website. Will copy email ina sec

Babe, Have e-mailed L.white today and basically said you cant sell their products on your website. Will copy email ina sec

In regards to retailing online unfortunately Lena White have had to become very strict with this. Since Coty’s acquisition of the OPI brand we have had many measures and restrictions placed upon us as a distributor, this being one of them. We have always had restrictions within this area although we now no longer allow this at all in terms of e-commerce we are unable to supply in this area.

Thats interesting given that Boots, QVC and Amazon all sell OPI ;)

Its interesting that OPI have said that their reasoning is because of the Coty take over. They have had this policy for many years, certainly for at least 5 years when I contacted them about this and they said "No".

I assume the big boys like John Lewis, Boots, QVC etc. have special contracts. The amount of sales they generate through their websites would be too much for Lena White to refuse. Off topic, my hubby works for John Lewis - did you know they sell more products on-line than they do in all of their shops put together.

Amazon is only slightly different to Ebay i.e. its independent sellers so its probably difficult for Lena White to do anything about it.

Latest posts

Back