Selling up due to daughters illness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just want to say that I have now decided to sell up my mobile business due to my daughters ME/CFS being really bad. She has been on a downward spiral since January and we are now waiting to be referred to GOSH as our local hospital can no longer treat her.

I havent worked since january as she has been so bad i can not leave her for long and having clients in the house can be awkward as well when you have a sick child at home. I am lucky if she is at school for more than a couple of hours a week at the moment. Looking after your own child and seeing them lifeless and in soo much pain at such a young age is dreadfull especially when there is no cure and we can only hope that she grows out of it.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the help and advice when i first logged on to the boards many moons ago, and will pop back in every now and then but am relieved now i have finally made the decision.

I will keep my nail clients on for my own sanity but that is all. I will be listing some bits on geek bay including Lori Nestores whole ball of wax dvd that is a must for any serious waxers out there.

Take care and thanks again

:hug: I hope things work out for you hun:hug:

Such a shame hun, hope things work out ok for you & your family.:hug:

Tracey that is so sad to hear but your daughter needs to be your first and only priority at the minute.

Keep geeking though and this will still at least keep you in contact with the world of nails for when you are ready to move forward with this again.

Sending your daughter lots of :hug:

Good luck in all that you do. We only get one chance to raise our children, nails & beauty will still be waiting for you down the line. Big hugs to you & your daughter.:hug:

cheers for your thoughts.

its been tough as i have been really torn but i know now that i have made the right decision.

i think the worst thing was yesterday as we purchased a wheelchair to help get her about as the waiting list for one even a child is horrendous. even though it is a good thing as we will be able to get out more as a family for her it isnt pleasant as she is only 12 and when i think of what i was doing at 12 it is heart wrenching but we will get though it. eventaully/

I do hope you daughter improves soon.:hug:

aww so sorry to hear this tracey, but i think youve made the right decision, she deffo needs to come first,

good luck and i hope she feels better soon hun

xxxxxx:hug:

My heart goes out to you!
I can't imagine the pain you feel as a mum, seeing her like this. It must be horrendous.
I'm afraid I dont know what the abbreviations mean, so don't really understand what she's suffering from.

All the same, I do hope for all the best for you and will light a candle.
I hope she gets better soon, and is able to return to school once again.

You have made the best decision for both of you.

Giant :hug:

My heart goes out to you!
I can't imagine the pain you feel as a mum, seeing her like this. It must be horrendous.
I'm afraid I dont know what the abbreviations mean, so don't really understand what she's suffering from.

All the same, I do hope for all the best for you and will light a candle.
I hope she gets better soon, and is able to return to school once again.

You have made the best decision for both of you.

Giant :hug:

ahh bless you

CFS is chronic fatique syndrome more commonly known as M.E.

it affects her concentration and she suffers from chronic muscle pain which can affect her ability to walk. she also suffers from headaches and dizzyness. we have good days and bad days and are trying to find a balance which can be difficult the best of times with a 12 year old.

but we can only move forward and not dwell on it too much. it could be a lot worse.

Big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and your daughter ... wishing her well soon.

Good luck to you all and a bug her for your daughter.Take care xxxxxxxxxx

already a member but thanks anyway

Well thats good my friend uses this site and it helped her. Tracy things will get better just take one day at a time sending you massive Hugs :hug:

All the best for the future Tracey. I know how tough ME can be. a very good friend's daughter suffers with ME and was quite poorly for some time. She still has her good and bad periods but she is an awful lot better than she used to be. There is light at the end of the tunnel and send you big hugs for the strength you will need to see your daughter through this.:hug: :hug:

All the best to you and your family Tracey. I know a few people who have been in the same place as your daughter. One of my friends did have to use a wheelchair for a time. With time and care they are now much better though. So keep your chin up and keep smiling. Things WILL get better for her, and for you. Big hugs to you xx

aw hun i realy feel for you but wish you all the best for the future and hope something can be done for your daughter soon, xx

Oh Tracey, I hope that everything gets better for you and your daughter :hug:

i wish you and your daughter all the best for the future.xxxxxxx:) :)

Latest posts

Back