Semi perm make up training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know of semi perm make up training inessex/london area cost effective as some of training ive looked up is way too expensive for what i can afford.

thanks

Hi I hate to sound harsh, but with permanent make up training you get what you pay for.
You are going to be working on peoples faces and to be honest if you want to make a longterm career out of permanent make up you need to put in the investment and do it right the first time round as it will be a case of pay cheap pay twice!
I personally would go to nouveau but finishing touches are another good company.
I had someone come and shadow me the other week and she was taught by a smaller company and paid alot less, but she had no idea what i was doing and i was pretty shocked at how little she knew.
She is now having to pay again for training as the first lot of training she recieved was sub standard.
To command higher prices you need to excell at what you do and know the most up to date techniques.
Please save up the extra and do it the right way otherwise you will end up spending more money in the long run.

claire x

thanks for the advice it makes sense xxxx

That's why I didn't reply first off as the cheaper companies may not be good and you have to be good doing something like this.

Hi yes I agree I've been researching courses for ages and will be saving the money for later in the year xx

I agree with Babyelephant- u do tend to get what u pay for with training courses and to be the best technician, charge a premium rate the best education is a must. I recently had my brows done by a fabulous Nouveau Technician! Xxx

I agree with Babyelephant- u do tend to get what u pay for with training courses and to be the best technician, charge a premium rate the best education is a must. I recently had my brows done by a fabulous Nouveau Technician! Xxx

i wonder who that could be???? lol!.......... what shall we get you to have next? eyeliner maybe?:D

Hey baby elephant I checked out your website your before and afters are amazing your work is outstanding you have defiantly sold me the nouveau course could you advise me how u done it bronze-platinum etc I'm in Scotland business 2 kids so need to work out the best way to get the most of the training without having to foster my children hahah x

thanks sjmand, I will send you a private message............ xx

Yeah I can't wait to get my eyeliner done! Xxx

We looked into this some time ago, but when we rang around and actually spoke to lots of salons and individuals who carried this out we were told the same thing every time,

1) Clients expectations were always high with permanent makeup, causing a lot of stress with for the technician, people constantly wanting more.

2)work was hard to get , even if you marketed well and travelled.

Heidi Worman did my makeup and she is top, we now have her in our salon and get decent commission, its hassle free and much better.

We let her take the strain!

Baby elephant do you not work for Nouveau? is that not a little bias?

Training companies push training, and then want to push products, its all the same.

We looked into this some time ago, but when we rang around and actually spoke to lots of salons and individuals who carried this out we were told the same thing every time,

1) Clients expectations were always high with permanent makeup, causing a lot of stress with for the technician, people constantly wanting more.

2)work was hard to get , even if you marketed well and travelled.

Heidi Worman did my makeup and she is top, we now have her in our salon and get decent commission, its hassle free and much better.

We let her take the strain!

Baby elephant do you not work for Nouveau? is that not a little bias?

Training companies push training, and then want to push products, its all the same.

This is all very true!

no, i dont work for nouveau anymore, havent done for over 6 months.
I dont think Its biased because im speaking as a student who parted with £15,000 of my hard earned cash before ever working for them.
I also stated above that finishing touches also have a good reputation.

Im very honest and no company is without its faults, including nouveau, but I can only speak from personal experience.
I had fantastic training with nouveau and i produce first class work.
Ive also been on the training side, so i can look at it from both perspectives.

Ive had a couple of girls shadow me recently who trained with less known companies and i was shocked at how little they knew, things i consider basic.

So this is how my opinion is formed and is certainly not biased

I agree the job comes with some stress and its sometimes hard to manage clients expectations as stated above.

Again, I can only speak for myself but I have a very profitable business just doing permanent make-up.
yes its been hard work, but your business will only be as successful as you want it or make it to be, and i work extremely hard at it.

I also think most importantly that you need to be good at it to get repeat custom and referrals as my main source of income is word of mouth, I dont pay to advertise anywhere.

claire x:lol:

Hey baby elephant I checked out your website your before and afters are amazing your work is outstanding you have defiantly sold me the nouveau course could you advise me how u done it bronze-platinum etc I'm in Scotland business 2 kids so need to work out the best way to get the most of the training without having to foster my children hahah x

Hi babyelephant29, would you be able to PM me too. I'm looking at training with Nouveau towards the end of the year.
I'm in Kent, I have a business and 2 young kids too. Thanks:biggrin:

thanks sjmand, I will send you a private message............ xx

Oh I would love to know also, what's your website?

Been looking into this aswell, be really good to hear from you x

Hey,

Please could you private message me please, I really want to get into this field but i just have no idea of what company to go for... Have u heard of a company called "The permanent make up training academy" by Katy Jobbins??.... Please respond thank you!!!!!

Latest posts

Back