Semi Perm Mascara V Lash Perm & Tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello...please excuse me if this is a really stupid question!

I have just started to consider a semi perm mascara course such as Myscara.

Before I get too carried away, I was just wondering if somebody clarify what the difference is between semi perm mascara & a lash perm and tint.

I know that might sound really thick of me but I just want to find out for sure from one of the semi perm mascara experts on here.

I can imagine that's what my clients would compare it too straight away.

Thanks for your help xx

Before I get too carried away, I was just wondering if somebody clarify what the difference is between semi perm mascara & a lash perm and tint.

I know that might sound really thick of me but I just want to find out for sure from one of the semi perm mascara experts on here.

Thanks for your help xx

No not a stupid question but the semi permanent mascara, gives thickness and length to the lash as well as the kind of curl you get with the perm. I believe it enhances the look of the eye far more profoundly, and for those women who want to get up in the morning with glam looking made up eyes, it is perfect.

I very recently had one of the top name semi-permanent mascara treatments done as a pre-trial to booking the training and offering this in my salon.

I can only say when I looked in the miror my over riding feeling was one of serious disappointment.

I do not have lovely long lashes but when I put my own mascara on it creates a pleasing affect to my lashes - I do have to curl them first.

This treatment left my lashes straight and a little clumpy.

The words that are still in my head from 10 minutes after the treatment are 'spectacularly unimpressed'

I wish I could remove it right now.

When I have had my lashes permed and tinted it makes me happy to look at my curled and dark lashes.

Am pondering on trialling the 'other' big name SP Mascara to be sure before ruling it out as a treatment to offer.

Jacqui xx

Hi,

Regardless of brand, the treatment should not look clumpy, this is sorted during eyelash separation. It may be that is was not applied sufficiently well. The eyelashes are curled before application (did this happen ?) and the solution will set this curl in place as well as giving length and volume. Have you gone back to the salon and said you are unhappy with the result ?

I would say dont rule any of us out as salons have seen a whole new raft of clients since they offered this service. Especially those who don't want EE's or tinting does not give them the thickness and lift they want :)

xx

I agree it certainly shouldnt have looked like this, lashes should have been curled the sp mascara applied and seperated until it looked good, no clumps or stickies should be left in the end result if applied properly x

Hi,

Regardless of brand, the treatment should not look clumpy, this is sorted during eyelash separation. It may be that is was not applied sufficiently well. The eyelashes are curled before application (did this happen ?) and the solution will set this curl in place as well as giving length and volume. Have you gone back to the salon and said you are unhappy with the result ?

I would say dont rule any of us out as salons have seen a whole new raft of clients since they offered this service. Especially those who don't want EE's or tinting does not give them the thickness and lift they want :)

xx

So does the sp mascara actually thicken the lash or just darken them like a tint? X

Thanks for your replies ladies...really good food for thought x

it thickens too it looks exactly like mascara and you can build on your coats hth x

Thanks for your help xx

Not a stupid question at all. I've been wondering exactly the same and now I know! Thanks! :D

i have only recently come across this treatment on here too but before going for training etc i want to research all the manufaturers first before deciding and what i want to know is how long does it last? an what are salons pricing it at? an what is the cost to the salon to do it & how do you remove it ? oh an how long does the treatment take???

I use myscara sp mascara which makes your lashes longer and thicker and using the combination of this and the heated lash curler it also gives an eyelash perm effect . Women love having that 24/7 made up look.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I personally think you get more benefits with sp mascara

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

i have only recently come across this treatment on here too but before going for training etc i want to research all the manufaturers first before deciding and what i want to know is how long does it last? an what are salons pricing it at? an what is the cost to the salon to do it & how do you remove it ? oh an how long does the treatment take???

Hi I am quite happy to answer any questions you have re MYscara so please feel free to PM or call me x We also have a Facebook page with 3000 members and a social group on here x

I did my myscara course a couple of wks ago and have had a full 2wks of constant bookings! With more clients booking every wk and it has brought new clients to me who specifically want the myscara :) I love it and so do my clients...well worth it :D xx

Latest posts

Back