semi permanent eyeliner - anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janjan1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have booked to have this done in a couple of weeks hopefully, with nouveau contour. Has anyone had this done and are you glad you did? The salon owner said it is relatively painless in comparison with other areas. Excited but a bit nervous too as I HATE anyone messing with my eyes, can't bear a lash tint most times but really want it doing. Had laser surgery and coped with that.

janine x

I've had my lipliner and eyeliner done - but then I am also trained in permanent makeup! I am so glad I had it done as I am so lazy at taking off makeup, so no more panda eyes in the morning for me! My eyes were more sensitive than my lips but everyone is soooooo different. It's a slightly scratchy feeling and gets more sensitive towards the inner corners of the eyes, but it's over so quick and it's soooooo worth it. I'm a bit like Jenny Bond in I'm a Celebrity when she went in that rat cave ... I just start singing when it gets a bit uncomfortable! Well it amuses the therapist if nothing else. :lol:

I've never had any micropigmentation done, but I know that it's not painless, so don't go into it thinking that it is, don't want you to get a shock!

It's tolerable pain, much like getting a tattoo, but (apparently!) less of a 'deep' pain.

Good luck :green:

It only goes into the dermis, whereas a traditional tattoo goes into the subcutaneous layer which is a lot deeper. Make sure as well that they do not do flicks at the end. You have no guarantee how long this will last, and if it is there for some years then gravity will take its toll and you really don't want droopy flicks!

Actually when I had my lips done I could only feel it around my cupid's bow and in an area where I used to suffer badly from cold sores as a child, the rest was fine. But my eyes were quite sensitive. I find trying to relax and not talking really helps!

It only goes into the dermis, whereas a traditional tattoo goes into the subcutaneous layer which is a lot deeper.

Sorry I didn't make it clear....I was only comparing the sensation to tattooing, the same scratchy feeling. Semi-perm tattoos are done much in the same way and designed to last as long methinks! :green:

Pain I can cope with, its the thought of someone poking my eye out that makes me cringe lol.

Pain I can cope with, its the thought of someone poking my eye out that makes me cringe lol.

It is a very sensitive area and you do need to relax. The therapist does very small movements and stretches the skin. Your natural reflex would be to screw up your eye and shut it tight, not open them wide :eek: , so the chances of this happening is in fact extremely remote. :rolleyes:

i am getting my eyebrows done on the 8th of jan, just got a lady into the salon once a month. Is £250 per area expensive?

£250 is a good price!

Its £375 at my local salon. Do you know what - after all the fuss I chickened out and cancelled the day before (which I did feel bad about). What put me off is the therapist said I had to use sunscreen when on hol which I thought would be a bit tricky on my lower line and since we moving to Spain this didn't appeal. Also, I had my lashes tinted and it was hell just placing the eyeshields on. So I don't think I could have gone through with it.

What a wimp eh!

Well like any tattoo it will fade in the sun, but I don't see how you can put sun tan lotion on it! I never have! It is however important to put it on your eyebrow PMU as the sun can make them go a salmon pink, particularly if the pigment wasn't neutralised in the first place

Latest posts

Back