Semi permanent lashes, how can I make them look fuller? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel clarke

Busybee
Reaction score
Can anybody give me any advice on semi permanent lashes.. I did a course a few months ago but there were 15 in the class and left not really having a clue what to do.. So I did a 1 to 1 course a few weeks ago which I found much better... I have been practising every day for about 2 weeks now.. I'm still not great at all but I know it takes a lot of practice and I'm determined to stick at it.. I'm using blink lashes in c curl .2 thickness .. My main problem is they are just not full looking.. I'm taking about 2 hours to do a full set and at the end I can't seem to find anymore lashes to apply to but yet they still look sparse and nothing like the lovely full ones i see others doing! It's so disheartening! Could I be using the wrong lengths? I'm not really that sure what lengths go where and am just going by the length of the natural lash.. Normally 12/13 outer and moving to 11 inner.. I'm using sky glue with the black lid that takes 2/3 seconds to dry.. I don't think I'm glueing many together the odd one maybe so I can't see how I'm not getting the same fullness as others when at the end I've no lashes left to apply an extension to... I know I'm only a few weeks practising but getting so frustrated with it... Any help or advise is much Appreciated!!! Thanks so much xx

Hi, i am in a similar position, i done a course a few weeks ago and i find when im looking down on the lashes from where im sat they look amazing and a big difference, however when they open there eyes they almost dont look very full! you can always use sometimes what i do now is ill use finer lashes and apply 2 to each lash, the only thing with that is they dont last as long. But keep practicing! youll get there in the end! Another thing with looking at other peoples is russian volume lashes are becoming so popular but these are again finer lashes in fans so they are so much thicker but take about 3 hours to apply!
Keep working with it i am sure your doing amazing. Take pictures and post them so we can see:)

Hi, i am in a similar position, i done a course a few weeks ago and i find when im looking down on the lashes from where im sat they look amazing and a big difference, however when they open there eyes they almost dont look very full! you can always use sometimes what i do now is ill use finer lashes and apply 2 to each lash, the only thing with that is they dont last as long. But keep practicing! youll get there in the end! Another thing with looking at other peoples is russian volume lashes are becoming so popular but these are again finer lashes in fans so they are so much thicker but take about 3 hours to apply!
Keep working with it i am sure your doing amazing. Take pictures and post them so we can see:)

Thank you so so much for your reply!
Really appreciate it.. Yes I was thinking of applying a finer lash on too.. I'm using .20 so could I add a .15 on the other side of the lash I have alreAdy applied the extension too? I understand it won't last as long but I was just afraid it might damage the natural lash.. I don't seem to have any lashes left at the end( or maybe I have and just can't see them!!) so I'm wondering how others manage to get the lovely full look??this must be what they are doing.. I have seen Russian volume and they are amazing but Ive looked at many semi permanent lashes and they are much fuller than mine.. As i said I'm only at them a few weeks so not expecting miracles .. I know it's all practice but just couldn't figure out how mine are so sparse and i don't seem to have any lashes left to extend and this was happening on all my clients not just the odd one that have very little lashes.. I will add a few pics and u will see what I mean.. Again thanks so much for taking the time to reply and for the advice xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 93
Thank you so so much for your reply!
Really appreciate it.. Yes I was thinking of applying a finer lash on too.. I'm using .20 so could I add a .15 on the other side of the lash I have alreAdy applied the extension too? I understand it won't last as long but I was just afraid it might damage the natural lash.. I don't seem to have any lashes left at the end( or maybe I have and just can't see them!!) so I'm wondering how others manage to get the lovely full look??this must be what they are doing.. I have seen Russian volume and they are amazing but Ive looked at many semi permanent lashes and they are much fuller than mine.. As i said I'm only at them a few weeks so not expecting miracles .. I know it's all practice but just couldn't figure out how mine are so sparse and i don't seem to have any lashes left to extend and this was happening on all my clients not just the odd one that have very little lashes.. I will add a few pics and u will see what I mean.. Again thanks so much for taking the time to reply and for the advice xx

Hi again maybe start off with like 0.10 and double up and do some 0.15 to play it safe if u are worrying about damaging lashes x if your client hasn't got many natural lashes there isn't much you can do about that.. x they look grear in pics I think they always look fuller a day later too strangely. What are ur clients feedback? X

Hi again maybe start off with like 0.10 and double up and do some 0.15 to play it safe if u are worrying about damaging lashes x if your client hasn't got many natural lashes there isn't much you can do about that.. x they look grear in pics I think they always look fuller a day later too strangely. What are ur clients feedback? X[/QUOTE
Hi again maybe start off with like 0.10 and double up and do some 0.15 to play it safe if u are worrying about damaging lashes x if your client hasn't got many natural lashes there isn't much you can do about that.. x they look grear in pics I think they always look fuller a day later too strangely. What are ur clients feedback? X

Thanks so much....I was thinking of using .20 and my be a small few .15 just to see if it makes a difference .. When you say double up do u mean put an extension on the lash as normal and then one off to the side? Sorry I'm new to all this my clients seem to be really happy but they have never had lashes before .. A friend of mine is doing them years and hers look so much fuller .. We were told that only one extension can be applied to the natural lash or you could damage it but I don't see any other option to give them a fuller look and seems to be what everybody is doing? I will try add a few .15 but shorter length and see if this helps thanks so so much x

Did you manage to solve this problem? As I seem to have the same problem they seem lovely and full until they open there eyes and I sometimes can barely tell they've got any on! :(

Latest posts

Back