Semi permanent make up business advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna1105

Reaction score
Hi I am training soon with nouveau contour I'm doing bronze & silver to start with.
I'm just interested to know how much it actually costs the technician to carry out a treatment?
I understand needles are single use only, but if the same client is having brows & lips done on same day can the same needle be used?
Do I need an autoclave?
Does a bottle of pigment last only 1 client or can it be used again on different clients?
How many treatments of brows just say, will a bottle of pigment last?
Any recommendations of suitable treatment beds? All I know is it has to be sanitise able

I am hoping to work mobile from different salons, where can I get a light enough to cart around treatment bed (with carry case) that is suitable?

How much shall I charge case studies?

If anyone can answer at least 1 of these questions I'd be massively grateful xx
Thanks x

Hi I am training soon with nouveau contour I'm doing bronze & silver to start with.
I'm just interested to know how much it actually costs the technician to carry out a treatment?
I understand needles are single use only, but if the same client is having brows & lips done on same day can the same needle be used?
Do I need an autoclave?
Does a bottle of pigment last only 1 client or can it be used again on different clients?
How many treatments of brows just say, will a bottle of pigment last?
Any recommendations of suitable treatment beds? All I know is it has to be sanitise able

I am hoping to work mobile from different salons, where can I get a light enough to cart around treatment bed (with carry case) that is suitable?

How much shall I charge case studies?

If anyone can answer at least 1 of these questions I'd be massively grateful xx
Thanks x
The cost of needles and pigment will vary from supplier, a bottle of pigment will do lots and lots of eyebrows I'm not sure exactly but you only need 2 pea size amounts for a set of eyebrows.
You would only need an autoclave for tweezers to remove any stray hairs.
Needles are disposables.
A reclining bed is best, some people do eyebrows sat slightly uprights and some people prefer it flat.
No you wouldn't use the same needle for a brow and lip treatment, for one the needs sucks up the pigment so they would end up with brown lips and secondly you would use a different type of needle on the lips generally.
Xx

Hi Donna!
The bottle lasts for a few clients, you will use more for lips as its a bigger area.
You'll need a free standing light so it's out of your way just in case you're moving around the bed whilst tattooing, the glamcor lamp is awesome. It's costly but worth every penny, you can buy it online from a large number of suppliers now.
Regarding prices and costs, the team at Nouveu are amazing and if you have booked in they will be happy to answer your questions or add you on their fb support group :) hope you enjoy the training. I loved mine, best thing I've ever done for my career

Nay

Have you checked whether this qualification is accepted for licencing?

Where I am you need a level 4 in micropigmentation to work in salon.

I ask because it says you're in London & it would be a huge disappointment to find this out after training if your intention is to work in salon.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies I can't wait just getting Christmas over with then gonna start ordering everything I need x

Hi Donna!
The bottle lasts for a few clients, you will use more for lips as its a bigger area.
You'll need a free standing light so it's out of your way just in case you're moving around the bed whilst tattooing, the glamcor lamp is awesome. It's costly but worth every penny, you can buy it online from a large number of suppliers now.
Regarding prices and costs, the team at Nouveu are amazing and if you have booked in they will be happy to answer your questions or add you on their fb support group :) hope you enjoy the training. I loved mine, best thing I've ever done for my career

Nay
Thank you so much I think I've seen your work if so its amazing nays beauty?
How much did u charge your case studies?

Latest posts

Back