Semi permanent make-up on Lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelly

Reaction score
Hi

Just looking for some feedback and advice. I want to have semi-permanent make-up on my lips. I have looked into lip liner with lip blush and have decided that this is what I will have done.

The technician that I will use is recommended, and operates in a salon that I have been to for years and use regularly, so I am confident in that. I just wondered if there are any particular things that I need to know before having this done. One thing I was wondering is how the lips will look as the colour starts to fade. I am having quite a natural tint, but wondered if this would look patchy, or uneven over the years, thus meaning I have to keep the treatment up.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

As you know the tech, that's great because you'll both feel relaxed. I strongly suggest that you get a course of Zorvirax tabs from your doc to take 5 days before and 5 days after your treatment. Any trauma to the lips can cause cold sores and this often happens. If you can't do that, start applying Zorvirax cream 5 days before and after.

It does bloody hurt but she'll use anaethesic and it'll all be worth it once the colour fades to a natural look and the cracked lips go. You'll look gorgeous! xxx

Hi, I havent posted on here before, but noticed your thread about the lip liner and blush. I definitely think you will be pleased with the result (I am a semi permanent Makeup technician) and blush is the way to go, that way youre not left with a harsh line around the lips and it looks much more natural. If you have ever suffered from a cold sore (even if it was donkeys years ago), you are almost definitely going to get one after the procedure. There is a health product called L-lysine (you can get it on line or in health shops) and it is brilliant to fight against coldsores. You need to take it a minimum 2 weeks before procedure and you can take it indefinitely (its also good for joints), but as a minimum, 2 weeks after youve had the treatment. Good Luck
Karenx

Hi

Thanks for the responses. Will get something to protect my lips as you suggest. Starting to feel a bit nervous now, as I am not good with pain.:eek:

Another thing I was wondering about was the fact that I go on holiday 3 weeks after the treatment. The technician has suggested using something like P20 on my lips at all times. do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Jo

Hi Jo,
You dont need to be nervous, with new techniques, the procedure really isnt painful. Your lips will feel tender and probably quite dry at the end of the treatment, but it will be well worth it once its all healed and your lips look gorgeous.

The tech will give you aftercare i would think which is a type of vaseline with vit A and D in to help the healing and you should def wear a high sunfactor to protect them. The sun is the quickest thing to fade colour, just like it fades hair colour.

Karenx

Hiya,

I don't seem to recall you saying that you suffer with fever blisters?, unless I missed something. If I did.....SORRY.

Lip prcedures are great, but..alot of clients expect a lip gloss effect..this is not what the lips wil look like when completed. They will have a matt finish to them, like a dry matt lip colour..you will need to addd gloss.

Good Luck, a lip blush is a fab choice

Jennyx

Latest posts

Back