Semilac UV hybrid gel top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucyanne8

Reaction score
Hi, in need of some advice please! Have been using SEMILAC products for around 2 months now. My clients all seem happy & fine, BUT I have had a severe allergic reaction on the skin all around my nail bed (sides) & on the very tip (almost under my nails). I have researched a little as I thought maybe it was a reaction to the UV LED lamp I use, but others have reported an allergic reaction to the Gel Top Coat When I do the final 'wipe down' (on my own nails) I had been doing this in a circular motion - and obviously getting the product on & around the surrounding skin! Has anyone here come across this problem? I have no issues using SNS products, but do prefer Gel atm. Suggestions? Many thanks x

I don’t know the brand, but it’s a common thing to overexpose your skin to un cured gel when you wipe of the sticky layer. It’s basically raw gel and it will cling to your skin.

Seems like you are seeing the signs of over exposure and you need to start being careful. Wear gloves at all times during service and maybe switch to plastic backed pads and just clean the nail without touching he skin around. I also always wash my hands with hot water and soap between clients even tho I use gloves and especially when I do my own nails so no residue is left.

Start by using gloves, wash your hands with soapy water and a nail brush to remove all that can be left behind and make sure not to do your nails to often for a while. I got a reaction when I was switching out and repairing my nails often and had to stop for a while even though I love to switch it up.

Hope it works out and take care of your skin and listen to warning signs like this [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back