Sensitive scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergirl360

Reaction score
Hi Colour gurus :)
I was wondering if any of you would have any suggestions of what colour house/brand would be a good fit for sensitive scalps. Prior to applying affinage colour (semi) to my clients head I carried out a compatibility test and skin test to make sure everything was fine. I was made aware that the client has a sensitive scalp, hence why I thought affinage would be a good fit for her. A couple minutes in client told me her scalp was stinging. So I thought it was best to just wash it all off as I felt that was the wisest course of action. Anyone else experienced this despite all checks being fine? How did you get around it? What brand would you suggest to use or method? I was thinking of trying it in packets, one as a semi and one as a perm to see if it had the same issues??? (I was wondering if I did this whether it would look as if the client got regrowth fairly quickly/ ours heavy demarcation like. Or do you think try a different colour house all together?? Or let her go grey gracefully :) any ideas would be greatly received. Thanking you in advance.

Hi Colour gurus :)
I was wondering if any of you would have any suggestions of what colour house/brand would be a good fit for sensitive scalps. Prior to applying affinage colour (semi) to my clients head I carried out a compatibility test and skin test to make sure everything was fine. I was made aware that the client has a sensitive scalp, hence why I thought affinage would be a good fit for her. A couple minutes in client told me her scalp was stinging. So I thought it was best to just wash it all off as I felt that was the wisest course of action. Anyone else experienced this despite all checks being fine? How did you get around it? What brand would you suggest to use or method? I was thinking of trying it in packets, one as a semi and one as a perm to see if it had the same issues??? (I was wondering if I did this whether it would look as if the client got regrowth fairly quickly/ ours heavy demarcation like. Or do you think try a different colour house all together?? Or let her go grey gracefully :) any ideas would be greatly received. Thanking you in advance.
Had the client freshly washed her hair prior to the service?
What was your formula?

hi ronray, no it hasn’t been washed for over a week, And 1:2 formula : converter

Experimenting with small packets of color sounds like a good idea to pinpoint the issue. This will also help you see if there's any noticeable difference in regrowth or demarcation. It might be a practical way to troubleshoot the problem.

Also, you could explore color lines specifically formulated for sensitive scalps. Sometimes, these lines have fewer potential irritants. It's always a good idea to communicate with your client about their comfort level and whether they'd be open to trying a different brand.

As for going grey gracefully, it's a lovely option too! Embracing natural beauty is always a choice worth considering. 😊

If you're looking for some extra scalp care, you might want to try a neem oil spray. Neem oil is known for its soothing properties, and it could help alleviate any scalp sensitivity.

Last edited:
Experimenting with small packets of color sounds like a good idea to pinpoint the issue. This will also help you see if there's any noticeable difference in regrowth or demarcation. It might be a practical way to troubleshoot the problem.

Also, you could explore color lines specifically formulated for sensitive scalps. Sometimes, these lines have fewer potential irritants. It's always a good idea to communicate with your client about their comfort level and whether they'd be open to trying a different brand.

As for going grey gracefully, it's a lovely option too! Embracing natural beauty is always a choice worth considering. 😊
Thanks I will try that

Good info Smitheemma!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back