Sensitive Situation. How Would You Handle It?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read the tutor is aware of marks and any other issues she may have, leave it to the tutor hun it sounds like she has it in hand.
I'm not trying to be harsh but you have already tried to help her and gone above and beyond what many others would have done.
You have to worry about yourself and not letting it effect you.
If she approaches you and asks for help thats a different story, but at the moment it seems she's happy for others to do the work.
I hope this matter doesnt effect your enjoyment of the course, good luck hun xx

Sorry to sound like a complete cow, but I'd let her get on with it. If you ask me she just sounds lazy. If she can't be bothered to help clearing/setting up in front of a class full of people, then I very much doubt she's doing any studying at home.

lol dont forget when she has practical exams there will be a full day !! non stop:eek: she is not gonna know wot hit her !!
to be honest you can only help a person so much , and after that they have to help themselves xxx

On my course I was extremely used by my delightful,'partner',she cheated constantly and would ask to read my passed assessments so she could read up on the answers,also she would think nothing of trying to read over my shoulder during exams.:eek:

IGood luck:hug:

Exactly the same thing happened to me in my first year thankfully she did not pass everything and could not come back. The tutors were fully aware of the stituation, some of the other students complained that when I was off sick or doing something with someone else she would try to copy from them (it took me a while to fall in :sad:). I think the thing that hurt the most was that she pretended to be a mate and talked about me behind my back :sad: she said that I was copying from her! The other students said that I was too nice and she walked all over me, which she did.

Anyway, your fellow student may not be like that so get things clear with her. She may only need a little help coz she is feeling overwhelmed by all the work, it can be daunting. You should tell her that she has got to pitch in with the tidying and cleaning as that is a large part of the job - hygene and all that jazz - and that you are not prepared to do it all any more. Hopefully she will understand this. Good luck. :hug:

yep, you dont want her badgering you when doing your exams, like i had.
I had someone whispering my name during a makeup exam asking me to lend her something because she forgot to bring it!!

if you are paired up with her again, suggest that she has a turn at setting up as everyone needs to practise setting up. then excuse yourself and pretend to go to the loo, or spend ages riffling around in your bag.
if she still isn't doing it, advise her to hurry up as you won't be finished on time.
if she still standing there, then she really has got a thick skin.

at least your tutor is pairing her up with other people.

I was on a course last week and was paired up with the only male, who sweated copiously and smoked copiously too so reeked and had nictone stained hands. After being his partner for 2 days and constantly holding my breath, I suggested that I should work on someone else to have a wider experience, the tutor heard me and urged everyone to swap over. Phew!

Latest posts

Back