SEO Help. Creating links to improve page ranking.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Right I'm getting really confused.
I've been registering my business on such websites as Yell.com and ISomerset where I've also attached a link to my website, as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
What I'm confused about though is on Google Web Master it is showing as no links available next to my 'Links' info.
Isn't what i've done not creating links?
So confused.. :-(

Twitter and fb are no-follow links, so don't count for seo rankings (but of course do help for organic traffic).

The others, if they are follow links, can just take a short while to rank with google.

I wouldn't overly worry about it to be honest, SEO is based on so much more than incoming links, so as long as you're doing a bit of everything, it should all help soon enough.

If you add a new link to your site, don't expect it to instantly show up in Google Webmaster Tools... Google's "bot" has to index the website with the link on in order for it to show up on Webmaster Tools, and that normally only takes place every few days...

Ok thankyou.
I'm just trying everything (that doesn't involve spending loads of money) to try and boost my Google ranking. I've done all my meta tags, titles, labeled my pics with relevant labels and it's still doing poorly on Google. Just don't know what else to do. :-(

What are you wanting it to rank for?

What are you wanting it to rank for?

I want to rank highly on Google so people see my website when they type in Beauty salons Yeovil. I want to at least be on the first couple of pages.
At the moment I'm doing terrible. *cry* Despite my best efforts.

Are you on google maps? I couldnt find you on it?
How many beauty salons are there in Yeovil? Could you perhaps try and rank for a more niche service?

Are you on google maps? I couldnt find you on it?
How many beauty salons are there in Yeovil? Could you perhaps try and rank for a more niche service?
I applied for Google Maps a week ago and they are meant to send me a letter for me to reply to but I'm still waiting on the letter! X

If it helps I just found you by googling 'Shellac Yeovil' and you're on page one.

Think you must be local to me if you're in town :)

If it helps I just found you by googling 'Shellac Yeovil' and you're on page one.

Think you must be local to me if you're in town :)

Yeah! A fellow local geek! I'm coming to you for all my beauty needs. :)

Yeah! A fellow local geek! I'm coming to you for all my beauty needs. :)

lol well I did notice you do hot stone massage - think you've got yourself a new client here :D

lol well I did notice you do hot stone massage - think you've got yourself a new client here :D

YEAH!!! I LOVE doing hot stone massage!! :)

Aaah this thread is lovely! New business all round!

Latest posts

Back