September 11, 2001

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
This is for the 3rd anniversary of the tragic and so senseless act of terrorism

To all those who have loved and lost on this tragic day.........
We have not forgotten and we will remember this day for ever xxxx
You are all in our thoughts xxxxx

Every time I am reminded of that day, or even see those numbers... I am filled with an amazing amount of pure grief and sadness.

My heart goes out in full force to any family that had to endure that tradgedy.

It's hard to believe that it happened 3 years ago, seems like yesterday that I came home from work, made a coffee and put on Sky News... I sat there glued to the seat not quite taking in what I was watching, tears rolling down my face, it was so hard to watch but at the same time I couldn't tear myself away. Rushed to school to get the kids, came home and sat there again in front of the tv, didn't change channels all evening, it took days for it all to sink in properly.
It was a sight that has changed the world as a whole.
Our thoughts are with you all x

Nailsinlondon1 said:
This is for the 3rd anniversary of the tragic and so senseless act of terrorism

To all those who have loved and lost on this tragic day.........
We have not forgotten and we will remember this day for ever xxxx
You are all in our thoughts xxxxx

I think this is only one of two world events that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the tragic news.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims, to New York City, the USA and anyone worldwide who was affected by, as Ruth said, this senseless act of terrorism. My thoughts and prayers are with you all on this very sad day. XXXXX

September 11 will always be a sad day for me. So senseless, evil and heartbreaking. Thoughts with all of those who lost loved ones xxx

I too send out heart warming thoughts to all those who were tragically effected by what happened. I think everyone was effected in one way or another and it certainly won't ever be forgotten.

Big worldly hug.:sad:

i think everyone remembers where they were when they heard the tragic news, my heart and thoughts go out to the people of america today, and to anyone who lost a loved one in that barbaric act of terrorism, the scumbag bin laden is still out there 3 years on, beggars belief!!

I get a really heavy heart a few days befor Sept 11 ... I think the date is etched in the minds of the whole Western world.
My heart goes out to all that were touched by the evil events of that day.

no matter how many times you see the dreadful events on tv u still just stand and shake yr head each and every time in total disbelief that such horror is in our world...no words can describe it and how we all felt that terrible day...such sadness....warm thoughts to all those who's daily lives are still so effected and changed forever

My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by the tragic events on 9/11.

God bless you all xxxx

WE all have lost something in the face of terrorism. Its wonderful that so many have vowed to never forget 911, the familys and the pain everyone suffers when humanity and good are taken over by evil and stupidity. Thank you so much for starting this thread.
Suzanne

3 years ago today the tragic terrorist attack struck America, many lost their lives that day and all shall be remembered in our hearts.

I was nearly six months pregnant and in work when we all heard about this awful tragedy.

my thoughts are with everyone who lost loved ones on this horrible day :sad:

Today, one of my clients and I were chatting about the events of 3 years ago, and we both ended up with goose bumps, trembling and nearly in tears, we still can't believe that such evil could have been committed for the so called cause of others.We have all been moved by these acts of terrorism - some more directly than others and I pray that the world does become a safer place again, and that these barbaric acts stop NOW.

With thoughts of hope and peace to us all - well done Ruth for marking this anniversary on Geek.

I remember hearing the news flash on Radio 1 in the middle of the Mark & Lard show & it's something I will NEVER forget. The rest of their radio show & the subsequent shows over the following days was so sensitive & delicately handled it too reminded me of only one other occasion...........
The week Diana died.

I have lost loved ones both old & very young & it is such a terrible, tragic time. My thoughts & prayers go out to all who have not only loved & lost but to have lost in such awfull, needless, selfish, deliberate circumstances.

Grief is not forever but love is.........

Sonia

And what was acheived by it all ...............NOTHING. Apart from maybe more hatred, more grief, more anger in a world that does not need these things.

Peace and love to all who have endured and who are still enduring the pain of terrorism .... you have our thoughts and our prayers.

On the morning of this tragedy, I was getting ready for work at a salon prior to the one I'm at now. My husband turned on the TV, and it was all over the news, and we watched it unfold. We saw each plane hit on live TV. And the worst was seeing the buildings crumble, and all the people running for their lives. I have never seen anything like that in my life! My boss called me and told me not to come in because they were evacuating the entire downtown Chicago area. You know we have one of the tallest buildings (The Sears Tower), and they were afraid that it was next. Many people quit working in that building too. The worst thing though was the newspaper the next day showing people in the World Trade Towers standing outside of the windows, and jumping to their deaths..............gruesome. That memory is etched into my head forever.

Latest posts

Back