Serious about skincare-recommend courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Since taking on Environ nearly a year ago I have totally rediscovered my passion for all things skin related.

I am just wondering whether any of you more experienced skin therapists could recommend any courses/classes and books that you swear by? Not so much brand related but advance courses in analysis and conditions etc

I always want to know everything there is to know about what I am offering and I like to keep learning!

Any recommendations greatly received.

Hi Zooks, Don't know if I am allowed post this as I have vested interest (co-own the company) but Marste Academy are launching a Skin Expert Diploma soon (late Spring 2015) which covers everything from scientific skincare theory, A&P , analysis, conditions, treatments etc it also covers holistic skincare approaches and theory (Oriental Diagnosis and a few other disciplines) it is an East meets West approach. It is a modular course of advanced study delivered online via a dedicated e-learning platform and there are also optional workshop/classes throughout the year. Approx 60 hour study time.

Have you contacted environ themselves? We in South Africa have courses every 3 months with updated techniques and training and I really really love them!! Totally worth the time and it helps with your own self esteem as a therapist too.

I also did second year facial electrics via itec but I not sure if you would have already had to do that in order to use the dr des machine or not? Each country is different I think.

And I also bought skin analysis machine or very basic actually like uv skin scanner. Clients go wild for their "free" analysis! Plus very exciting to note changes month to month on your clients!

I must admit I've been reticent to do further training as I worry it may be dated or not as good as environs training.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are the books I cannot do without. I use them all the time!

• Skincare beyond the Basics – Mark Lees
• Advanced Skin Analysis – Florence Barrett-Hill. Available only as an e-book now. Advanced Skin Analysis Book - $35.00
• Milady's Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary
• Aging Skin (Milady's Aesthetician Series) – Constance Schmaling
• The Aesthetic Clinicians Pictorial Guide Volume One – Florence Barrett-Hill
• Body Therapy and Facial Work: Electrical Treatments for Beauty Therapists – Mo Rosser

Thankyou Ladies,

Stephcie: I shall certainly take a look when it's launched.
Nailpod: I am off on a refresher in just over weeks time, I have done all their courses and will continue to do refreshers to stay up to speed but I always like to diversify a little.
Squidgernetball: I know, it worries me they won't be as good but until you try you just don't know!

Lynne: You super star, my next search was on books and I found a few....just off to Amazon to shop now.

Thankyou all.

Last edited:
Hi, Just in case this interests you. Donna Glazer runs advanced training courses on skin. She uses Environ herself and her training follows the teachings of Florence Barratt-Hill. You can find her at donnaglazer.co.uk.

Latest posts

Back