Seriously thinking about a complete CND course-advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeGi

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m new on this forum and I’m seriously thinking of doing the complete CND course. I am currently working in Retail Management and I always had a passion for nails and I’ve always done my friends' and family’s manis and pedis :wink2:

As I think I have a talent and passion for it and really don’t enjoy retail that much, I am seriously considering a career change. However, I have a few concerns that hopefully you can help with :confused::

As you probably know the complete CND course is very expensive and I am worried if after spending all that money I will be able to find a job relatively easily or setting up my own mobile business. Initially I will be working part time in retail or hopefully get a full time job in a salon. How realistic is it to find a good first job in a salon without prior experience?

My second option would be to stay in a retail part-time and try and set up my own mobile business. What would you suggest as a logical first step after completing the course?

Would the complete CND course be enough to get a good job in a salon as a nail tech or do I need any other qualifications like NVQ?

Can anyone give an idea of how long it may take to achieve a decent average salary in the mobile business?

Thanks for reading my long post and I appreciate all advice and comments. :biggrin:

Hi All,

I’m new on this forum and I’m seriously thinking of doing the complete CND course. I am currently working in Retail Management and I always had a passion for nails and I’ve always done my friends' and family’s manis and pedis :wink2:

As I think I have a talent and passion for it and really don’t enjoy retail that much, I am seriously considering a career change. However, I have a few concerns that hopefully you can help with :confused::

As you probably know the complete CND course is very expensive and I am worried if after spending all that money I will be able to find a job relatively easily or setting up my own mobile business. Initially I will be working part time in retail or hopefully get a full time job in a salon. How realistic is it to find a good first job in a salon without prior experience?

My second option would be to stay in a retail part-time and try and set up my own mobile business. What would you suggest as a logical first step after completing the course?

Would the complete CND course be enough to get a good job in a salon as a nail tech or do I need any other qualifications like NVQ?

Can anyone give an idea of how long it may take to achieve a decent average salary in the mobile business?

Thanks for reading my long post and I appreciate all advice and comments. :biggrin:
All these questions should be asked of the girls who are trained to answer them, at Sweet Squared. 08452106060

The education advisors are all lovely girls who will be delighted to assist you.

Unfortunately the reality is that there are a lot of beauticians and nail techs out there. Therefore in my opinion the more qualifications and experience you have the better! In an ideal world you'd be able to do an nvq and the cnd training and work in a salon to gain experience.......
As for mobile, we all have to start somewhere and it will take a while to get well established. For one, you won't have experience, and secondly, you'll have so much competition! But if you're really serious about it then keep at it. The more hard work you put in the more benefits you'll see. Its a tough industry. Good luck!
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Thanks, I shall call them but I suppose they'll just encourage me to do it. Anyway, I'll take all the advice in consideration.
Would appreciate if some of you could share their story of how they got into the nail business...? X :D

The CND complete course includes an ITEC Qualification. So not only will you have trained with one of the best educators in the industry, you will have an international qualification as well. Speak to S2 and go for it.

Thanks, I shall call them but I suppose they'll just encourage me to do it. Anyway, I'll take all the advice in consideration.
Would appreciate if some of you could share their story of how they got into the nail business...? X :D
Shame you shoud be so cynical And you haven't even spoken them. Tut tut

It is not the job of The education advisors to co-erse you into attending Classes it is their job to honestly answer you questions and we have been doing it for more than 20 years. We do not have to talk people into attending classes believe me. We enjoy a very good reputation.

There are hundreds of posts here on the site from delighted students and even from one or two who were not so delighted. That is the joy of searching. This is not CND dot com. It is the salon geek dot com. So enjoy your research.

Hello! Here's my impartial experience...

I changed career completely in June 2010. I trained with CND (prior to the new syllabus) just when Shellac was launched!

I didnt do enhancements and blitzed my local area with postcards, set up a website and used Facebook.

I was determined, gave excellent service, did a great job and encouraged loyalty with a loyalty scheme. I had 3 Shellac colours and the lamp.:suprised:

I moved to high street shop 5 months later.

In January I qualified as a CND Education Ambassador and now expanding my premises.

I am certainly not blowing my own trumpet at all - I have a lot to learn and challenges are always there!
I didnt see it as a risk because if you are good and you have a natural rapport with your customers they will come back.

I wish you lots of luck - if you train with CND - yes they are the best - but it will always be down to YOU - to be the best for your customers and you will then succeed!:D

Shame you shoud be so cynical And you haven't even spoken them. Tut tut

It is not the job of The education advisors to co-erse you into attending Classes it is their job to honestly answer you questions and we have been doing it for more than 20 years. We do not have to talk people into attending classes believe me. We enjoy a very good reputation.

There are hundreds of posts here on the site from delighted students and even from one or two who were not so delighted. That is the joy of searching. This is not CND dot com. It is the salon geek dot com. So enjoy your research.

just a quick question. i have actually tried using the search bar for CND posts to get some more information but everytime i do so it says no searh results found. am i doing something wrong? Ive tried it writted CND and cnd and stil nothing i know the search facility works as ive searched for soemthing before but am really quite intrested in reading some reviews if there are any but i couldnt find anything to do with CND? any help would be great? xx

just a quick question. i have actually tried using the search bar for CND posts to get some more information but everytime i do so it says no searh results found. am i doing something wrong? Ive tried it writted CND and cnd and stil nothing i know the search facility works as ive searched for soemthing before but am really quite intrested in reading some reviews if there are any but i couldnt find anything to do with CND? any help would be great? xx

If you search 'Creative Nail Design' instead of CND then I am sure you will come up with lots of posts.

I cannot recommend CND enough I am so glad I spent the money and trained with them. maybe see what nail services are available in your area, also take into consideration pricing, your market- if people dont have much money they cut back on treats for themselves. etc I love my job but unfortuanatley I live in an area over saturated with the good, bad, and untrained techs! and I am going to have to get a part time job doing something else now. hth's xx

Try searching for "training" hun and "nail courses" - there is a stack of info available on here xxx

I've been a beauty therapist and nail tech for over 15 years and I love my job. My fave being all things nails. I did my nvq upto level 3 standard and did a few nail courses with a couple of nail companies along the way. I was out of the game (so to speak) for a couple of years when I had my daughter.
I was never trully happy with the quality of the nails I produced so 2 !/2 years ago I booked a conversion course with CND and have never looked back. The level of training I have recieved and the quality of the products is fantastic. I'm only sorry I didn't do the training years ago. I wish I would have gone with CND at the start of my career instead of wasting my money on other courses. :D

Latest posts

Back