Service (cut, color, etc) on a client, due to lost bet or made a commitment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

Reaction score
Hello, All!

It was 5 years ago & I had been growing my hair back out, after having an 8 inch ponytail cut off a year prior. It was almost at my shoulders again & I was indecisive about whether to grow it out or possibly cut it.

I ended up chatting/texting with a female friend of mine for a couple of weeks about what to do, then decided to wait until Spring - it was mid October & starting to get a lot cooler out.

First day of Spring rolls around & she asks me when I'm getting my hair cut, I say that a trim will probably happen soon. She says "No, you said that you were going to cut it jaw length in the Spring." , she then pulls out her phone to show me the texts.

A week later I was sitting in the chair of a very amused stylist, after I told her the cut I wanted & why.

I have a lot of clients in the seat that say “ I promised my husband I wouldn’t have it cut short I promised them I wouldn’t go lighter , my friend said it would look better like this even though I’m really not sure but if they thin I should then maybe I should...” my reply is always... it’s not them wearing it it’s u! They normally end I up leaving with what they wanted themselves over someone else, I have never cut someone’s hair for a lost bet but have rectified many that have lost a bet and the winner has cut it 🤣

I can only imagine the carnage you've seen!

Esthetician I know said she once had to rescue what was left of a guy who got super drunk at a party's eyebrows, apparently some girls decided to do some tweezing...

Latest posts

Back