Service menu options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What services do you offer?

• L&P tip and overlays

Votes: 460 73.6%
  • L&P sculpting on a form

Votes: 314 50.2%
  • Gel tip and overlays

Votes: 336 53.8%
  • Gel sculpting on a form

Votes: 176 28.2%
  • Fibreglass/silk

Votes: 182 29.1%
  • Manicuring

Votes: 530 84.8%
  • Pedicuring

Votes: 411 65.8%
  • Other

Votes: 234 37.4%

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Okay geeks,

There have been other polls in the past that asked which system you use in the salon... but all have only allowed one choice.
I thought we should have one that reflected the actual menu's of nail techs world-wide.

Tick the options that you offer in the salon so we can get a good overview of which services are not as commonly offered.

If there isn't an option you offer... let us know why.

I keep wondering if I am missing a trick...........is there any benefit from offering waxing? I also fancy the idea of offering massage...........might need some training though........hmmm lol!

What do you girls do? Have any of you tried this route?

Adele

All righty geeks... if you are choosing other... the idea is that you specify ;)

I also offer FAbric# Fibreglass and Silk sculpting............
Well it's my other option lol...........

Oops, I just ticked every box. I only do Fabric# fibreglass now but I assumed that was what the fibreglass box was for.
I ticked other, cos I offer beauty services too

hiya

we offer a full range of beauty treatments to from basic eyebrows, waxing, sugaring, epilation, ear candling, masssage, ear piercing ect. Oh and hair to!!

Little Angel said:
hiya

we offer a full range of beauty treatments ...ear candling...

Excuse my ignorance -but what's THAT?????? :confused:
and why does one get it one?

One of our biggest sellers is gel colour overlays on toes. It's so easy to do and no extra investment required. People love the results and come back regular as clockwork.

I am looking into reflexology to add to manis & pedis - anyone got any advice??

We offer Pariffin dips, eybrow, lip waxing, and acrylic overlay toes, as well as Reflexolgy.
Suzanne

feebeast said:
Excuse my ignorance -but what's THAT?????? :confused:
and why does one get it one?

Its an ancient and natural way of cleaning the ears a candle made of unbleached cotton and beewax is inserted in the ear and lit. The smoke and heat swirl down through the ear canals and loosen any debris ie: wax, dead skin, ear mites. (anyone feel sick yet?) It helps people with sinus problems and other inner ear probs also it replaces syringing (which bloody hurts!) and its painless. (great for kids who get glue ear and it can mean no need for grommets.

bit off the track but well!!!

I am primarily a Holistic Therapist. I offer Aromatherapy Massage, Swedish Massage, Indian Head Massage, Sports Massage, Reflexology, Reiki, Waxing and am training in Manicure and Pedicure and have just done an acrilic tips and sculptured acrillic extension course.
I am looking to extend my skills, hopefully soon doing a facial course and more in depth Aromatherapy and Reflexology courses. I have also taught relaxation classes and might do a exercise to music course to facilitate teaching in this area. I would like to start teaching part-time.
There are many many courses that interest me!

yogacat said:
I am primarily a Holistic Therapist. I offer Aromatherapy Massage, Swedish Massage, Indian Head Massage, Sports Massage, Reflexology, Reiki, Waxing and am training in Manicure and Pedicure and have just done an acrilic tips and sculptured acrillic extension course.
I am looking to extend my skills, hopefully soon doing a facial course and more in depth Aromatherapy and Reflexology courses. I have also taught relaxation classes and might do a exercise to music course to facilitate teaching in this area. I would like to start teaching part-time.
There are many many courses that interest me!

I have considered doing indian head massage, and have recently purchased a few books on this subject, do I have to have proper traning and a certificate to offer this (which case where do you find a class) as a service, and what do you charge for this service. Your help is much appreciated.

Thankyou
Carol at CottageNails. :cool:

Carol at CottageNails said:
I have considered doing indian head massage, and have recently purchased a few books on this subject, do I have to have proper traning and a certificate to offer this (which case where do you find a class) as a service, and what do you charge for this service. Your help is much appreciated.

Thankyou
Yes you do have to have proper training and certification - of course you also have to be insured (for which you need proper training and certification!)

We-ell, personally, i believe that someone who offers IHM really ought to do a basic training in another form of massage such as Swedish because the actual IHM training is fairly brief. Some courses may not accept you without prior massage training. A course is usually something like 4 days split into 2 sections, with time for client study, practice and coursework in between.
VCTC offer a certificated course. If you want to train with one of the original proponents of IHM in the West, then you could train with Narendra Metha in London at the school of Champissage.
It slightly depends on how you plan to "pitch" your service. Beauty? Complementary therapy?

I have seen charges for IHM range from £10 (too cheap!) to £30 (too expensive!) I charge £18 for about 3/4 hr.
I use professional quality oils and do a thorough 1 hour consultation before i treat them. (for which i charge £5 - probably too cheap also!) I am a Holistic therapist, not a beauty therapist though.

Little Angel said:
Its an ancient and natural way of cleaning the ears a candle made of unbleached cotton and beewax is inserted in the ear and lit. The smoke and heat swirl down through the ear canals and loosen any debris ie: wax, dead skin, ear mites. (anyone feel sick yet?) It helps people with sinus problems and other inner ear probs also it replaces syringing (which bloody hurts!) and its painless. (great for kids who get glue ear and it can mean no need for grommets. bit off the track but well!!!
WOW I have NEVER heard of that but it sounds amazing!!! Who else does this??? I want this done NOW!!!:) :rolleyes:

yogacat said:
Yes you do have to have proper training and certification - of course you also have to be insured (for which you need proper training and certification!)

We-ell, personally, i believe that someone who offers IHM really ought to do a basic training in another form of massage such as Swedish because the actual IHM training is fairly brief. Some courses may not accept you without prior massage training. A course is usually something like 4 days split into 2 sections, with time for client study, practice and coursework in between.
VCTC offer a certificated course. If you want to train with one of the original proponents of IHM in the West, then you could train with Narendra Metha in London at the school of Champissage.
It slightly depends on how you plan to "pitch" your service. Beauty? Complementary therapy?

I have seen charges for IHM range from £10 (too cheap!) to £30 (too expensive!) I charge £18 for about 3/4 hr.
I use professional quality oils and do a thorough 1 hour consultation before i treat them. (for which i charge £5 - probably too cheap also!) I am a Holistic therapist, not a beauty therapist though.
Thankyou for all that info. Carol :rolleyes:

hi

i covered ihm at college and the training only covered basics, which entitled us to only perform this treatment on friends and family - i think youll find that to offer this service to clients you will have to cover the subject in more detail as there is lots to know, its fasinating isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou

Little Angel said:
Its an ancient and natural way of cleaning the ears a candle made of unbleached cotton and beewax is inserted in the ear and lit. The smoke and heat swirl down through the ear canals and loosen any debris ie: wax, dead skin, ear mites. (anyone feel sick yet?) It helps people with sinus problems and other inner ear probs also it replaces syringing (which bloody hurts!) and its painless. (great for kids who get glue ear and it can mean no need for grommets. bit off the track but well!!!

Thanks for the info - my sis had this done recently and said it was great. Think I might look into it as an additional treatment for the new salon coz I don't know of anyone nearby that does this.

Shaza :D

Thankyou for all that info. Carol :rolleyes:

No problem!
Any more questions, just ask :)

I do L&P tip and overlays, Sculpting and wraps. Manicures/pedicures, waxing, tinting, airbrush tanning/tattoos. and sometimes we also offer massage, but as I am not certified myself in massage, I have not included this on my pricelist..(my colleague does the massage!) I have just purchased Brisa, so we will soon do the Gel service also. I would love to do the Hopi ear candles... so would love to get more information on this if anyone can tell me where I can get good training without travelling too far! (I'm in south Wales, not too far from Cardiff!) I am also hoping to do a massage and facials course later!

Did anyone see the fantastic nail art computer at Olympia... I know it's cheating, but I was really impressed...... until I was told the price!!

Sue

I purchased some hopi ear candles at olympia - I got my other 'arf to do it for me but we were both so nervous of setting the house on fire neither of us could relax properly, needless to say my ear is still deaf.

Training is available through the company I purchased the candles from and their website is www.nhs-gp.com - I have not checked it out yet - too busy on here LOL

I am doing some research in my area to find out who does it - so I can have a proper session - I don't think this will help you coz essex is nowhere wales - is it? (joking)

Hope you get on well with your training - good luck

Jo

Latest posts

Back