Setting up a home beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvbeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to get your advice. I am now setting myself a room for beauty treatments (eyetreatments, waxing and nails for now) but I live in a small town, I have maybe 200 houses around, do you think this might be enough for me to have some clients or should I go mobile as well? Also my room will be in the attic which is the third floor, do you think this would be ideal for a beauty room?? Thanks a lot

Hi,
I live in a small village too and never have a problem attracting clients.
Yes, lots from my village but most of my clients travel up to 5 miles (some more) to come to me.
Having plenty of parking definitely helps.

I'm not sure about a treatment room on the 3rd floor if it is only stairs access. That would loose me a lot of clients to be honest as many of them are 65+ and not healthy! Some are out of breath just walking from their car on my forecourt to my treatment room on the ground floor!

If you are aiming at lots of 20 - 30 years olds, then fine, but it's probably something to declare on your website / brochure.

Just another thought - is your lighting good enough in your attic room and could it possibly get too hot?

Hi,
I live in a small village too and never have a problem attracting clients.
Yes, lots from my village but most of my clients travel up to 5 miles (some more) to come to me.
Having plenty of parking definitely helps.

I'm not sure about a treatment room on the 3rd floor if it is only stairs access. That would loose me a lot of clients to be honest as many of them are 65+ and not healthy! Some are out of breath just walking from their car on my forecourt to my treatment room on the ground floor!

If you are aiming at lots of 20 - 30 years olds, then fine, but it's probably something to declare on your website / brochure.

Just another thought - is your lighting good enough in your attic room and could it possibly get too hot?

Thank you for your reply, you are definately right about the age limit. Most of my neighbours are at around 30 to 45, if they have trouble with the stairs I can maybe go to their home gor treatments. But it is a good idea to inform them that the treatment room is in the third floor. Hopefully it works This is the only thing that worries me.

Lighting is actually good enough, there is a window and I am getting myself a magnifying lamp as well.

Latest posts

Back