Setting up a new business.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight

Reaction score
Merry Crimbo all.

I have qualified a nail tech about 2 years ago and been doing friends and family for free. I have decided that i should be charging so i have taken out insurance with professional beauty and i have got my clinet forms anything else that i need ?

Cheers:lol:

A price list, and make sure you charge everyone the same even friends and family,
if you are going to be working mobile you will need special car insurance to make sure your stock and equipment are covered,
if you are working from home you will need to change your house insurance and you need to register with the tax man, you only have 3 months to do this or he will give you a fine,
leaflets to hand out so people are aware you are doing this as a business now and just a hobby, hth

biz cards, leaflets to go into shop windows.

oh,

and nerves and patience.

dont expect the phone to just ring on its on accord, you will need to get out there and tell people that you are in business. Which, in my humble opinion, is the hardest thing.....self promotion. so, ask your friends and family to help out, tell them to tell people about you, take your leaflets into their work places to go on the noticeboards, etc.

when a client comes to me and tells me that they've enjoyed the treatment, I ask them if they would be so kind as to tell their friends.

Thick skin and absolute determination to succeed, positivity, continuing education, and a great big smile for every client and a laugh with your nearest and dearest....oh, and the geek site's not a bad idea too:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back