Setting up as a freelance eyebrow waxer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimstokes90

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a qualification in makeup artistry and hair styling. I currently work for Benefit and I have trained in facial waxing with the company and been waxing clients for 18 months.

I'm interested in setting up as a freelance brow technician, also offering makeup application and hair styling.

I'm considering either renting a chair/room in a salon or setting up from home.

Could anyone shed any light on whether I could do this with my makeup and hair styling qualification plus benefit training? For example, for insurance purposes, or if I need to register with a board as a beautician for just the services I mentioned (I'm not sure if the latter is a legal requirement either way).

And on the steps I'd need to take to legally set up my business from home instead of in a salon.

Thanks

Hi!

As it is only in house training you wouldn’t be able to get insurance for the facial waxing/tinting. You would only be allowed to provide those services with the company.

You can always do short courses so you are then qualified and can get insured to do so.

Hope this helps !
X

Latest posts

Back