Setting Up from Home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
This is to all of you who have a dedicated room in their homes for their hair business.

Do you all have sink units and stuff installed? - What exactly do you have?

I currently have a beauty room and I'm trying to work out how to incorporate equipment needed to run a hair dressing business from the same room once I qualify.

Any ideas/pics would be gratefully rcd!

Thanks

Hello there,

Not wishing to pull my own chain but I own a number of Property's and last year I decided to do exactly that in one of them. Now being a builder by Trade made things very easy but there's also so much more you need to consider. The first thing for me was deciding which Property offered the best location, anyway I decided I would go with one which is in a Village. This was simply because we only have one current Salon in the Village and to be fair it doesn't offer much. Also the Property is very near to a main road but down a very pleasant looking leafy Lane, our clients love it simply because they can look out of the window, see scenery and not a main road.
The next step for me was deciding which was the best room for the Salon, now some very major factors came into play here. Obviously the lay out had to be right with good access from inside the property to Drainage etc. Luckily this particular room offered just that with an external wall, you'll have fun drilling the Hole for the waste pipe though especially if you have a 9" wall. One thing that I found really easy was the water supply to the Backwash unit, this is the Baby we chose and its superb: http://www.sesales.co.uk/product_detail.php?pID=520 It doesn't take up much space, its very comfortable and offers easy access when cleaning out the Bottle trap.
Now regarding the water supply, if its possible the wash unit will be very easy to install if you can position it under a supply from upstairs i.e. a Sink or even a Toilet, again we was lucky with this. The main benefit from running a supply from upstairs is that you instantly have enough Water Pressure which is great. DO NOT let any Plumber try and convince you that you will need a pump from an upstairs feed, that is basically bollox.
Something else I would recommend when planning your layout is the space saving alcoves can provide. One of our Stations is directly in front of an old fire place (unused of course) and usually with this either side will be alcoves. One side we have a Backwash unit which still offers a lot of floor space and the other side is another Station, this to means no restriction on Salon floor space.
I must admit I loved doing my Salon, I guess being a Qualified Builder helps but you seriously can have some fun oh and games with it. Now if you were fairly local to me I would seriously come and offer some advise with layout. Having said that if anyone does that then take it as there can be loads that you may not see that others do. Likewise if you need any advice from here then please don't be afraid to ask.

Fitz (Steve)

I think Perth in Scotland is a little out of my way lol.

Anyway the offer still applys for advice on here, fire away if you need to.

Latest posts

Back