Setting up my own nail business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
So as from Monday my new home nail business will be set up and ready for clients! Any advice?

Work your ass of but don't give away too many freebies.

Sounds daft but I was much too nice to clients to start with and they abused it a bit - not looking after their nails because it hadn't cosy then as much as it should have. Now they all pay full price and - as a consequence, look after their backs much better.

Also, make sure you balance work and life. I worked much too hard and sacrificed home life way too much in my first 6 months. I'm rectifying that though. Thank goodness my family were do understanding.

Most of all, enjoy the challenge. Wishing you the best x

Congrats! I started mine a few months ago and I was extremely nervous. I agree with stook! Don't give out freebies, it most of the time comes back and bites you. I am still working on building clientele and it is just now starting to pick up to where I am really happy with it :)

Congrats! I started mine a few months ago and I was extremely nervous. I agree with stook! Don't give out freebies, it most of the time comes back and bites you. I am still working on building clientele and it is just now starting to pick up to where I am really happy with it :)
What have you fou d to be the best method to get & keep your clients, through Facebook, advertising, recomnendation, flyers etc ?

I would be interested to know what you all done. I started from Home a couple of months ago. Getting interest but not much through the door. I have done flyers. Facebook page, google plus, Instagram and my website is nearly finished. Emailed golf clubs etc to offer gift form Xmas raffles and seemed to be getting no where! Would be grateful for and tips ideas please

I started mine 3 years ago from my dining room, I now have converted my garage into a proper beauty room and have around 30 regular clients (I have another job 3 days a week and 2 young kids so can't have anymore!)
I've been lucky with my clients, they are so loyal and I don't advertise at all, I do have a fb page but it doesn't generate much business. I did a couple of pamper days at my sons school which was good and I also give clients loyalty cards (pic attached) which are great as they get a stamp for every recommendation as well as visit. Work hard and you'll succeed xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447149354.094727.jpg

I started mine 3 years ago from my dining room, I now have converted my garage into a proper beauty room and have around 30 regular clients (I have another job 3 days a week and 2 young kids so can't have anymore!)
I've been lucky with my clients, they are so loyal and I don't advertise at all, I do have a fb page but it doesn't generate much business. I did a couple of pamper days at my sons school which was good and I also give clients loyalty cards (pic attached) which are great as they get a stamp for every recommendation as well as visit. Work hard and you'll succeed xx View attachment 191949

Hi Lisa, next year I'm planning on converting my garage into a salon, just wondering if there are any regulations or anything in particular you had to do? Xx

I've been lucky with my clients, they are so loyal and I don't advertise at all, I do have a fb page but it doesn't generate much business. I did a couple of pamper days at my sons school which was good and I also give clients loyalty cards (pic attached) which are great as they get a stamp for every recommendation as well as visit. Work hard and you'll succeed xx View attachment 191949

Do you put any terms and conditions on your loyalty cards?

Latest posts

Back