Setting up the business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hello, I am back again with more questions :shock: I will drive you all mad soon :D

I am currently, no actually have been for months trying to complete my business plan, although I am working from home, i am trying to get a plan together in order to borrow a little cash to obtain a few products as you do and basically set my self up, I have most of the basics and am doing a few peeps now and then, but feel I need to tackle this head on do it all correctly and go out there with a passion and get some customers.

My question is..................HELP............. no no really I am having a few problems with the finance side of the plan, for example how often one would need to obtain more products from suppliers, yes I am aware this depends on how many clients one has but how long does a pot of gel last, how many sets of nails can one do from one pot of acrylic powder.

I know it is a pretty hard question to answer as it is like me asking you all how long is a piece of string, however if anyone has any info that may help with a plan please please please let me know, because I am starting to feel all business planned out..... my lights are on but no one is at home, and all that.

Blimey setting up a tiny business is really hard all I can say is I admire you all that already have done this, did you all manage it with out feeling like you need a holiday at the local nutter house, I am tempted to book my self in now and be done with it :rolleyes: but then they would never let me out........... No no must get on with my life ambition to run my own nail business, so any help would be really gratefully received.

Thanks

Well just a thought babe,
Try getting in touch with the manufacturers or the distributors, or educators for which ever products you need information on.......
They should have all the info needed........................

I know Fabric# system trial kit will give you 25 sets.................
which is the system I mainly use..................
You get more out of the larger sizes, but haven't counted them..........

When I first started, I didn't do a business plan.........I just had my little nail station in the Tanning Shop...........

I used my credit card to set me up in stock, then 30 days later used part of the takings and payed back what I owed...............
As you don't pay interest on credit card purchases repayed before the 30days, I thought this was the way to do it............
Borrow it and pay back, and no interest.................
So I just ordered what I needed, but found that each end of the month, I had a little money left over and used that to purchase new stock, this in turn earned me more money and soon I found, that this way I could buy and repay well before the 30 days where up............

You wont need as much stock as you think, start small, then put back into the business as much as you can afford to do and keep your debt to a minimum......................

just a thought
love Ruth xxxxx

Hello
Thanks for the advice it is so appreciated, must say this business lark is tough but a darn site easier with you guys thanks a million

Grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back