Setting up??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Morris

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this site so trying to find my way around - so please bare with me.

I completed an Full Sculptured and Acrylic Overlay course with NSI in February this year. Since then I have been practising lots on friends and family and have had a couple of new clients..

I am going to set up as a mobile technician, can anyone offer any advice on setting up and building up a client base??

I have just started putting some business cards around local hair salons and am going to do some leaflet drops.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanx
D

Firstly, welcome to the site - you'll love it!!!

Now regarding you setting up what you're doing seems alright. Just start off slowly and then gradually your reputation (hopefully all good) will spread. The best form of advertising is word of mouth and making sure your nails always look pristine. If you do nail art always try to have something on your nails.

Eventually you will get friends and family of people who's nails you've done and it will grow from there.

Hope this helps.

Hi Stephanie :)

I'm also new here too, I'm also starting to build a clientelle after a very long break.

I have come up with a few ideas I'm not sure if they are going to work, but I have decided to give a few free sets to a few "prominent" women in my local area, I am doing the lollypop lady from my daughters primary school, she knows just about everyone in town and holding the stop sign on the pedestrian crossing morning and afternoon her nails are sure to get noticed!! and i have offered her a little bonus for each client she referes to me.

I am also doing her daughter she is in year 10 at our local high school, and also offering her little rewards for refering clients too.

Because I am working from home no one knows im here so I have to go out and get my nails noticed, I'm hoping this will work.

Maybe you could give this a try too :)

Kerrie :)

hi there
another good idear i read on the nail tech uk site was to ask your local avon lady if you could put a flyer or card in her broucher may be do her a set of free nails? im a consultant for virgin vie and i hope to be able to have some enquiries about nails and from customers seeing my nails if only i could get nails on my self!!
any tips would be handy
nickki
ps i also offer my nail clients £5.00 off their next treatment for every new customer that they introduce that has a set of extensions done
this is a good incentive as then their infills will only cost them a £10 or they can save up their introductions for a set of extensions give it a go! ;)

Hi Nicola

Thank you for your tips, as for putting nails on yourself I have had many nightmares trying to do my own but I finally cracked it last weekend and I can say that I am very proud of the set of nails that i'm currently wearing.. Hopefully I will get some comments.

The only advice I can give is keep trying and stay patient.

I love the Avon Lady idea!

Kx

Hi

I totally agree on the idea of having your own nails looking fab. I have just had a client this morning who just came for a manicure but she loved the look of mine (I just have pink and white overlays, not too long) and I ended up doing that for her instead. Also I normally just wear the p&w's but read someones post about wearing nail art on your own nails to attract clients and I have done a small daisy on each nail. Again the client loved them so I did her one on each nail! More £££ for me!! :D

The client that came this morning also booked in her daughter tomorrow and they were referred to me by their daughter-in-law. I decided that I'm going to offer 25% off the next service for every referral they make so my original client is well happy with the 50% discount I'm giving her next time. I didn't call it a 'discount' (read geegs post on this - thanks for the tip!) though, I said it like because she was a brill customer she can be rewarded! ;)

Now going to try and collar the Avon lady!

Tracysnails said:
The client that came this morning also booked in her daughter tomorrow and they were referred to me by their daughter-in-law. I decided that I'm going to offer 25% off the next service for every referral they make so my original client is well happy with the 50% discount I'm giving her next time. I didn't call it a 'discount' (read geegs post on this - thanks for the tip!) though, I said it like because she was a brill customer she can be rewarded! ;)

Hi Tracy

I charge for varnishing and airbrushing separately to the manicure or enhancements. For every referral I give the varnishing or nail art free.

This way the client gets something for nothing that costs them a reasonable amount but you are not losing a lot.

Just another thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back