Sewn in extensions - twisted not braided??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmalushhair

Reaction score
i went on a hair extensions course on monday. specifically to learn how to do the sewn in extensions using a braid.... but the way i was taught was to twist the hair not braid which i dont think is as tight as a braid. so i was wondering if anyone has come across this method and if so is it as good as the braiding?? the whole point in doing the course was to learn the braiding and wanted to know what kind of hair you add into the braid to strengthen it etc. so if anyone has ever twisted instead of braiding plz let me know

thank you xx

Hi
Do you mean twisting the hair in a line to form a track?

Who did you train with?

D

i do sew in extensions and iv never heard of twisting i would not imagine this would last very long i usually mix a bit of cheap synthetic hair into the natural hair to strengthen it you should have said at the time on your course or you should phone back and complain if they said they were going to teach braiding x

Yes on Caucasian hair I twist as it prevents tension alopecia in weak spots. In Afro carribean hair I weave as there hair is more porous. But I think this is preference to each individual hairdresser. Look on utube for twist in hair extensions.

yes it was twisted to form the track instead of the braid. i just dont think a twist would stay in very long and found it was loosening quite a bit when i was trying to put the elastics on it.

the course was with connect 2 hair it was in oldham. We have complained because it was specifically the braided in we wanted to go on and the website and the manual they sent us said it was braided then sewn on.

yes it was twisted to form the track instead of the braid. i just dont think a twist would stay in very long and found it was loosening quite a bit when i was trying to put the elastics on it.

the course was with connect 2 hair it was in oldham. We have complained because it was specifically the braided in we wanted to go on and the website and the manual they sent us said it was braided then sewn on.

If it said braid then it braid not twist. Get on to the course tutor and explain that you were misled as it never said nothing twist extensions and it'll be nice to know what they say.

Well, hair extension is the only way which you can get even if you are loosing your hair or your hair becoming thinning. Best thing about the hair extensions is that you didn't have to sew or use glue for them.. They just apply so easily and after certain amount of time you can remove it or buy other one.

ægte hår extensions

I twist, it's easier and still lasts long enough!

J

Latest posts

Back