Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad I came across this thread! I have just purchased this lovely chest and am planning to 'Annie Sloan' it. Are you sure it needs no sanding? I have read that dark woods can bleed through so should I prime first?
My first project so want it to go well :) View attachment 45414

Would like my finished design to look like this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381869893.738808.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381869903.243442.jpg

I've used old ochre and Paris grey and have only needed one or two coats xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg looks exactly the same x

It is the same chest, seen the painted one on eBay! Going to add some more decorative knobs to mine tho I think x

What colours did you go for? Do you think the lighter ones will need more coats perhaps.

I've gone for Original White on a very high gloss/varnish dark wood. I started on this item first as i knew it would be the worst but I'm shocked how quick and easy it is. I think I may only need 2 coats for full cover on my dark wood antique desk and probably only one good coat on my pale dresser xxxx

What's great is that you can water the paint down. It goes on really really easily. You can either do it in a jar or mix water in the tin..if you want it to go back to normal just leave the lid off overnight.

There are so many helpful tips online xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381875723.812412.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381875751.676921.jpg

Hope this works :) Annie sloane old white layered on top of country grey - we had 4 of these I kept 2 for the salon

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381875956.958929.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381875994.077204.jpg

A couple more projects love annie sloan paint !!

What a coincidence me coming across this thread......iv just spent my night scouring the internet for a cheap old chair to reupholster fir my new bedroom. Got some brilliant ideas and definately going to get myself some Annie Sloan paint!

Do you know what my pet hate is tho.....when the word vintage or retro is put in front of a piece of furniture and it means the costs triple!

Wow! Some absolutely gorgeous pieces on here!! My next project will be a corner unit of my grandparents, iv been eyeing it up for quite some tine haha!!
Anyway I'm so so so excited to share with you my new nail bar, iv been searching & searching for ages & finally stumbled across it at the weekend!! Can't believe it's mine, it's so beautiful xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381877294.948935.jpg

That nail desk is beautiful! xx

Wow! Some absolutely gorgeous pieces on here!! My next project will be a corner unit of my grandparents, iv been eyeing it up for quite some tine haha!!
Anyway I'm so so so excited to share with you my new nail bar, iv been searching & searching for ages & finally stumbled across it at the weekend!! Can't believe it's mine, it's so beautiful xx
View attachment 45447

Fab x

Hi everyones furniture is lovely just wondering any of you that have done these can you put that Annie Sloan paint straight onto any type of furniture. I have a dark brown remi reception desk in my salon and thinking about trying to paint it cream or white but not sure if it will take.

Thanks

Hi everyones furniture is lovely just wondering any of you that have done these can you put that Annie Sloan paint straight onto any type of furniture. I have a dark brown remi reception desk in my salon and thinking about trying to paint it cream or white but not sure if it will take.

Thanks

Yip any surface maybe test a small piece remember and wax

Apparently you can use it directly into any surface?! Good idea to try first but I'm sure it will be fine!! xx

I did have a table and I just couldnt paint over it without this stain looking patch coming through the paint :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv been doing lots of googling lol. N it does seem the Annie Sloan paint can go on any surface. Iv still got 3 things to paint but my nearest shop is 90 min drive away n been looking at other paint n it just don't look as good. On Annie sloans website the postage is like £12 coz they use a courier. Not sure what to do lol.
I'm loving all your pieces they look so nice. Where did you buy the material for the chairs n stuff from Annie Sloan or somewhere else. I think dunelm do fabric not sure how expensive they are as I need some for a chair I have. Oh also did you buy the paint brushes from Annie Sloan or will some from like B&Q be ok?
Sorry for lots of questions lol

Where can you buy Annie Sloan paint?

If you go on her website you can put in your postcode n find your nearest supplier or buy online on the website

Latest posts

Back