Shades eq formulation help - platinum to natural blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrm27

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’ve been using shades eq for around a year, and I’m loving it but I’m not as educated with it as I am with L’Oreal. This week I’m planning to return my friend from her current level 10 scalp bleach to a dimensional, natural blonde. I’m happy with the technique I’ve chosen - half head of highlights to touch up the roots, mids and ends of highlights in foils in olaplex, then cover all remaining hair with the shades eq formula to go back to a level 7. The thing is, I’d like to not fill the hair first and just add enough warmth into my overall formula to fill and colour all in one go.

I initially thought of something like 10g 9AA, 70g 8GB (made using half 9GB half 7GB of course) and 70g 7N. I’m starting to think that might be too light, or too warm. Can anyone more experienced with shades eq help here? Attached are photos for reference. Any follow up questions welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7913.jpeg
    IMG_7913.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7907.jpeg
    IMG_7907.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 0
UPDATE:

After discussing with a colleague I’m more thinking something along the lines of:

30ml 9AA
60ml 8WG
60ml 6N

Personally if u want more of a natural blonde with dimension it wud be simpler to just do a reverse balayage! I would use the base of her natural so for instance she was a level 7
7n
8wg
7nb
No need to be adding any more blonde just do the roots like a root regrowth then balayage I also like to foil in the same colour with hi-lights as well x

Latest posts

Back