Shadez Spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedgecl

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanted to say that my Shadez Spray machine and tent arrived today. We had a few problems at the start, having the spray setting to high, heat on/off, what machine setting, low, med, high. After playing around for a while and spraying tons of paper we got most of it right. We couldn't understand why it took so long o dry, then after speaking to Rod we realised that the heat button should be on all the time.

The tan was sprayed on about 3 hours ago, and it is still devolping, so far it is looking good.

Rod has been very helpful, starting with the ordering and also helping with advise about the machine.

I hope that this will help anyone not knowing which machine to buy.

Sedgecl:)

yeah, to be honest it would put me off buying this machine!!!
how can you have a machine arrive and not know how to use it properly?

have you had training with this machine??

i think things like this make a bad name for spray tan techs,
as ive come across loads of ppl saying ohhh ive had a tan before and it was wet, dripping down my body, and the girl didnt seem to know how to control it etc etc
im not saying you are like this,
what im mean is i think all kits should be preceded or followed by immediate training , and they shouldnt be used until you are competant

jmho

Yes, my colleague and I do have training in this. I went on a course and thought that the cost of the machine was very high. This machine works very well. We put our spray course into action on each other. We would not use the machine if we were not competant as i would not want to put a bad name against my business.

Yes, my colleague and I do have training in this. I went on a course and thought that the cost of the machine was very high. This machine works very well. We put our spray course into action on each other. We would not use the machine if we were not competant as i would not want to put a bad name against my business.
So you have trained with another company using their machine,
and gone and bought a cheaper inferior machine that you are not actually trained to use,
no wonder you had problems,
you need to check if your training was accredited or fully accredited,
you may only be insured to use the machine that you were trained with depending on who you were trained with

This machine is not inferior it is excellent (although I didn't buy mine through shadez)! :hug: It is the same machine sold by Vani-t who by the way are also an excellent spray tan supplier! Vani-T - Paraben Free! Voted best natural organic spray tan in Australia and UK. Natural ingredients No alcohol No petrochemicals no artificial fragrances

But the heat button should not need to be on all the time, only for drying the client.

Thanks, I'll take the heat button off and just use if for drying.

and gone and bought a cheaper inferior machine that you are not actually trained to use,
you may only be insured to use the machine that you were trained with depending on who you were trained with

I will check about the insurance, but I'm sure even if I had purchased the machine we trained with I would still have experienced problems. As it would still need to be put together and the settings would have to be tested.

You're welcome. Just make sure that the spray is on medium strength and the metal nozzle is vertical (for spraying up and down). I started with the flow at nothing (as instructed) and then turned it up to get an even flow. Then I take the spray gun off and just use the hose with warm air to dry the client. :hug: It gives a perfect even spray and excellent results. You're right, every gun would need to be adjusted to produce the correct flow.

Hi everyone

I have teh shadez machine. At first I had a few problems with the settings but after help from Hayley (thanks hunni) I got it sorted and now I love using my machine and every tan I have done has looked fab. I havent been tanning for long, so am using about 35ml at the moment but am turning my machine down just a tiny tiny bit everytime I use it (great advise from Collin).

xxx

Drying the client??? :eek:

Am i missing something here?? Why does your client need drying??

Drying the client??? :eek:

Am i missing something here?? Why does your client need drying??

If anything it is to warm them up! I make sure to do it between the legs under the armpits and under the boobs on larger ladies as they can stay moist!

I have the same machine and i do find also that some solutions can be wet in some places when spraying this makes me nervous as iam constantly reassuring the client that it will be fine when they have showerd. Had no complaints yet. I too have started taking the gun off and using the hose to dry the client in those area's that have run and to warm the client. I only started about 9 weeks ago, have had clients come back but business has suddenly gone quiet for the moment perhaps cos i'm only using friends of freinds and not really promoting myself only by word of mouth. I am grateful to this site for your helpful tips.

I have the same machine and i do find also that some solutions can be wet in some places when spraying this makes me nervous as iam constantly reassuring the client that it will be fine when they have showerd. Had no complaints yet. I too have started taking the gun off and using the hose to dry the client in those area's that have run and to warm the client. I only started about 9 weeks ago, have had clients come back but business has suddenly gone quiet for the moment perhaps cos i'm only using friends of freinds and not really promoting myself only by word of mouth. I am grateful to this site for your helpful tips.

You need to turn the gun down, or spray faster or from further away. The tan should not be dripping at all. It should look like it is spraying minimum tan and practically drying on contact. :hug:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN INFERIOR !!! come on now why be like that !! just coz i sell them at low low prices and offer discounts to geeks why slag off the units i did have some probs with the cups leaking at one stage but have now had that sorted .. and anybody with probs can call me at any time for help .. i thought this site was for help and to exchange tips not tell who should train you and what units you should buy !!!
she is only telling you all that she is happy with her unit so whats the problem . sorry again to sound so harsh but it realy gets my goat ..

Can someone just clarify then that the heat function should only be used after the tan to dry the client?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back