Shadowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been asked before (which I'm sure it has), but I did try searching but wasn't successful...and I will say now, it is probably the way I searched!

What I am wanting to know is how to avoid the shadow that can sometimes appear on the smile line.
It doesnt happen with all my clients, but happens every now and again and it frustrates me.

So I would like to know what causes it, and how can I avoid it.

Thankyou everyone.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (which I'm sure it has), but I did try searching but wasn't successful...and I will say now, it is probably the way I searched!

What I am wanting to know is how to avoid the shadow that can sometimes appear on the smile line.
It doesnt happen with all my clients, but happens every now and again and it frustrates me.

So I would like to know what causes it, and how can I avoid it.

Thankyou everyone.

do you make a little "tunnel" under your smile line? if you dont this can sometimes cause shadowing, you can eliviate this by capping your whites first hun. hope that made sense

do you make a little "tunnel" under your smile line? if you dont this can sometimes cause shadowing, you can eliviate this by capping your whites first hun. hope that made sense

oh, i thought the little tunnel was what could cause this...hmmm

what do you mean by capping?

oh, and thought i would add that this is not when i am tipping (i usually sculpt anyway) but this is happening with rebalances...

if its happening with R/B's then its because you havent (normally) thinned down the tip area enough before replacing the white tip, and what you are seeing is the pink that used to be on the nail bed which is now on the free edge... file down the tips a little thinner, and dont create a tunnel under the white and you should be fine :)

Latest posts

Back