Shaken up after client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Some clients are so rude! I had a client leave me a voicemail asking to book in for a perm (permed her hair months ago, lovely lady, we got on great) so I called her back and said when would you like to book in and she started saying "I didn't think you were ever gonna turn up" I explained she never re-booked. I then said i am only calling you replying to your voicemail. She then kept saying "you told me you couldn't cut my hair properly and need to go off and find out" never said such a thing. She then started yelling at me saying "you left it to long at the back, why would I want you to do my hair and pay all that money!"(she was very very happy once I had finished last time) I'm so confused as she called me to make an appointment! I was so upset I hung up on her. I think she may have dementia or something as she's so confused, I am so shaken up and annoyed about this! 😞 X

Certainly sounds like it! Do you do mobile in Colchester? I am looking for a hairdresser! x

I'm just so confused! 😞 Yes I am a mobile hairdresser in colchester xx

Is she possibly suffering from dementia?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does she live on her own? I too think this sounds like confusion/dementia rather than rudeness. It is still upsetting for you to have someone shout at you, but I think she may need help, will there be another family member there at her home you could maybe contact and express your fears to?
We may be way off here and she is just rude but better safe than sorry.

She hasn't booked in with me as I hung up on her. Yes she lives by herself. One of my clients recommended me to her. I think they are friends. Maybe I should tell her what happened? X

I'm so upset with myself getting so shaken up about it! X

It does sound like she is confused, or maybe she has had someone else do her hair since you did it & now she is talking to the wrong person? Xx

It does sound like she is confused, or maybe she has had someone else do her hair since you did it & now she is talking to the wrong person? Xx

That's what I thought, maybe she was talking about another hairdresser x

Sounds like if it a while ago she may be getting you mixed up with an other hairdresser she may have used in between .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

I had a similar thing with a client a while back, she called and left a message asking if I could ask my Husband to come and sort out her digital TV again.

I rang her as I didn't understand her message, she started ranting at me that he fixed it last time and why couldn't he come and do it again!? I said that I thought she was confused as I'm a nail technician who did her nails a few months back, she said yes she knew that and that my Husband had sorted out her TV, I said no he hadn't as he's in the Army and teaches people to fire weapons not fix TV's :lol:

She was absolutely adamant it was me/him and refused to believe me, in the end I had to hang up too. Never heard from her again :lol:

Don't take it to heart my lovely :hug:

I have informed her friend and she is going to go and see her. I had 2 calls from a blocked number, one straight after the other that could have been her. I was driving and couldn't answer but I didn't really want to answer x

Try not get upset or take it personally, she must be ill. I'd speak to her friend that recommended you. See if she can help.

I have informed her friend and she is going to go and see her. I had 2 calls from a blocked number, one straight after the other that could have been her. I was driving and couldn't answer but I didn't really want to answer x
You have done as much as you can, I hope you feel better now :hug:

We had a call at the salon the other day a client saying I need to make a complaint! I said oh ok so how can I help what is the problem etc...

She says my waxing is a mess I have hair left everywhere etc etc......

I was like...eeeeem we only do head hair lol she was fuming, wouldn't back down then hung up!!! Chin up love. X

Well her friend has got back to me and said that she seems fine and would like me to call her back to book her in for an appointment. I explained that she was very rude and really upset me so I don't think I'm the right person to do her hair x

So she hasn't got dementia or anything she's just plain rude! 😞 X

If she is just rude then don't go, life is tough enough without the added stress!! You would only be worrying beforehand- I do mobile too, and now I just pick and choose who I do, can't cope with the stress of mean people 😱xx

My first thought was that she's got you confused with someone else. If she hasn't then I would call once more and see what she says. If she is rude then hang up..
After all you could be losing your other client if they are friends.
Just my opinion. Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My first thought was that she's got you confused with someone else. If she hasn't then I would call once more and see what she says. If she is rude then hang up..
After all you could be losing your other client if they are friends.
Just my opinion. Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know what you mean but they are more neighbours then friends x

Latest posts

Back