Shall I just give up now and become a window cleaner?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
I know I need to keep practising but I'm getting really fed up now!:mad:

My smiles are always wonky, my mix ratio too wet (I'm still getting used to Creative Retention+ though), I always seem to manage to touch the cuticles with product, my nails are always too flat looking.

Arrgghhh.!!!!!.....<flings sculpting brush across room>

Need to start saving my pennies for OTO I think.

Note to self - do not critique anyone else's work until vastly improved myself!!

And it took me 2 and a half hours!

Attachments

• nails 004.jpg
    nails 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 245
  • nails 007.jpg
    nails 007.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 223
well at least you know whats wrong..... now all you have to do is correct it, each set you do should get better and better ...... SO, do more sets, practice your smiles on tips.

Practice your ratio (if it's too wet, adjust it, same if it's too dry), practice and more practice ..... every day.

Head down, chin and bum up ...... good luck.

Check out tutorials in here and check out the Nailclass book, do a 1 on 1, there are many options before cleaning windows.

No don't give up.

Hang in there and keep practicing. I've been doing this for 7 years with a couple of years break and did a set today that I just aren't happy with. We all have days like this.
(I blame the client of course, she wouldn't sit still, made it very hard to file cause she wouldn't keep her fingers where I placed them, etc. She was my middle child)

It's just a matter of fine tuning what you have done here.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been doing nails for such a short time, judging by your profile.Quit torturing yourself and have a look at the positive things too.

My nails were no where near as good as these when I first started.

Your smiles really aren't that bad, you know.

Like Carl says, you are already seeing the faults that need to be corrected. This is a good thing. The problem would be if you thought they were great and that you wouldn't need to improve them.

All I can say is take one step at a time, tackle each problem bit by bit. Once you have one of your problem areas "nailed", move on to the next.

Yep practice, practice, practice....you've probably heard it a thousand times, and will carry on hearing it, but it is the key!:wink2:

Don't give up, window cleaning buggers your nails up!!!:lol:

i think your being to hard on yourself.i also think you're better than you think you are.as all the other geeks say practice,practice,practice.im still truggling with my smile lines to so i understand how you feel.all ive been doing is practicing when im in the right frame of mind because if i practice when im all ready angry about it then im just going to mess tem up even more.so i wish you luck and keep :D .

OMG I can't believe you are being so hard on yourself. I know that there is room for improvement which I am really not qualified to comment on but if I could do sets like that I would be so pleased.

Don't you dare give up!!! As Jules said, you've only been at it a short time. I did the first set I was fairly pleased with a few weeks ago. And I could still see loads of faults. Just keep going; I know it's frustrating but it will be worth it in the end.

Think of me later getting all cross as I fight to give myself a decent rebalance. :hug:

After reading what you've said I expected to see the most horrendous nails and I was pleasantly surprised :D
They're not as bad as you think they are hunny, the more you beat yourself up about it the worse you'll feel.

Read through all of the tutorials on here, print them off if it helps, buy a copy of Gigi's book Nailclass because it's priceless and most of all try not to stress yourself out about it :hug:

I can't believe you are being so hard on yourself.

They may not be perfect but they are still pretty good. You've only been doing nails since Sept 06 according to your profile so I think you should give yourself a pat on the back, you will improve in time and with lots of practice, but in the meantime your nails are not as bad as you think they are! :hug:

From the title of your thread I thought I was going to see something awful!

I don't think there's much I can add to what has already been said, but do you realise that window cleaning is a lot harder than you think it is!!!! :lol:

Thanks, you guys.:hug: You're all too nice to tell me I'm cr*p, anyway...LOL

Still not happy.....I'll have to spend less time Geeking and more time practising!:eek:

I love doing nails and I'm blummin' determined to get better. (Sorry about the brush flinging earlier - big strop!). I'm keeping a photo record of a lot of my sets in the hope that I will soon see an improvement.

In the meantime, I'm sticking tips on coathooks with blutack and doing smiles til I'm crosseyed!!

Will follow all of your advice.....thanks. x

Ok they aren't perfect yet but they are far from the worst I have ever seen :cool:

Latest posts

Back