Shall I make contact?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurpakpink

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I had my first paying client for Eyelash Extensions last Friday. During the consultation I asked her what look she wanted etc. She is a teacher and wanted something very natural, looks like she has mascara on but not like she's going clubbing (her words). She only wanted a half set as it was her first time. I honestly done a lovely half set, natural and probably the best set I've ever done! When I gave her the mirror her face dropped and said 'oh I thought there would be more and be thicker' I explained that it was a natural half set and would she like me to put some more on? She agreed so off I went again, another 10 ish on each eye and she still wasn't happy. So I ended up practically doing a full set and only charged her for half as I felt it was my fault. I used 0.15 as I was taught this is a natural thickness, C curl, 10mm & 12mm. In the end she was pleased but I can't help but feel a little disheartened. I asked her to let me know how they are in a couple of days. I am dying to find out if they are ok...
...do you think I should email her and ask her?
I really want her to return but worried that she isn't 100% happy.

Sorry to babble on.....needed to off load to you all :eek:

X

Definitely, nothing wrong with getting feedback to improve you service. It shows you care.....

Ok, stop right there, this is not your fault you are not a mind reader. You did a consultation and interpreted what she wanted. In these cases i explain to the client when they come next time - now I am more aware that they are after a more full on look i can provide this. Explain to them that you were just going by the directions and were wary of over applying and therefore achieving the 'clubbing' effect. Sometimes it's very very hard to judge peoples preference as half the time they don't know themselves. I have found once you get to know a client you can instinctively predict what sort of look they are after. When some people say natural they mean full when some people say full they mean barely there, lol:grr: Don't let this ruin your confidence. Oh and i wouldn't e-mail her personally - You did your job and you did it well what happened was out of your control.

Thank you both, your totally right, I shouldn't blame myself. I followed instructions and I feel I done a really good job. I think i'm going to email her just to make sure all is ok, that way I can put my mind at ease. :idea:

Personally I wouldn't email her.

You have dealt with it and it is finished. To email her, you are just inviting her to say she's not happy!

I would not have added more lashes for free. I know when you are starting out there is this need to feel like you are bending over backwards to please your clients. As you become more confident, you will become stricter with them and, believe it or not, they will respect you more for it.

My pricing structure states quite clearly that it is one price for a natural set (50-60 lashes per eye) and other price for 60-100 lashes per eye.

Time is money so I would not have added more lashes on without advising her that she would need to pay the difference if she wanted a more intense look.

If they feel the lashes are too short, you can always add longer at infill time. However, if they hate them because they are too long, the only solution is to remove them! I know which option I always suggest.

I think you have already done more than enough for this client. Just move on. And, for what it's worth, I think she'll be back. But stand your ground if she chances it again :hug:

p.s. 0.15 isn't always a natural thickness. You need to be guided by the client's own lashes. If a client has good, strong lashes, I would probably set my frame with 0.20 and fill with 0.15s. This will help create a fuller look.

Last edited:
I have to agree with everything elliebee said, dont contact her. I think sometimes in their brain they want natural but really mean full set without the price tag. Dont feel guilty or lose sleep over it. As a precaution outline the amount of lashes you do per set so their is no awkwardness. xoxo

Personally I wouldn't email her.

You have dealt with it and it is finished. To email her, you are just inviting her to say she's not happy!

I would not have added more lashes for free. I know when you are starting out there is this need to feel like you are bending over backwards to please your clients. As you become more confident, you will become stricter with them and, believe it or not, they will respect you more for it.

My pricing structure states quite clearly that it is one price for a natural set (50-60 lashes per eye) and other price for 60-100 lashes per eye.

Time is money so I would not have added more lashes on without advising her that she would need to pay the difference if she wanted a more intense look.

If they feel the lashes are too short, you can always add longer at infill time. However, if they hate them because they are too long, the only solution is to remove them! I know which option I always suggest.

I think you have already done more than enough for this client. Just move on. And, for what it's worth, I think she'll be back. But stand your ground if she chances it again :hug:

p.s. 0.15 isn't always a natural thickness. You need to be guided by the client's own lashes. If a client has good, strong lashes, I would probably set my frame with 0.20 and fill with 0.15s. This will help create a fuller look.

Totally agree with everything Elliebee. x

I also agree with the other geeks, dont contact her, if you are happy that you did a good set then dont worry about it, Could you maybe have some example pictures...ie a full set natural, full set more glamourous....a half set etc????? I think that lashes are a bit like getting a hair cut...your natural and someone elses might not be the same!
xxx

Thanks for your replies ladies, much appreciated.

All the stressing and worrying was nothing...she's booked in for infills!! VERY HAPPY!!

You learn from your mistakes and in future if I end up doing a full set on someone then they will be charged for it even if they have only booked for half!! ;)

Latest posts

Back