Shall I try out being red instead of blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzysuz

Reaction score
Hello lovelies

Hope everyone is well

Havent posted on here in ages as have been having a nightmare time which has made me have a little think to myself about what i want to change about myself. The logic i have now is if im not happy with something i need to fix it, not mope over it.

I have long blonde hair at the mo and have been really thinking about going red but as i have done nothing like this before i dont know if it would work and then would i have ended up knackering my hair when i want to be blonde again. Something else i have thought of it having extensions to make my hair really long, i love spending time doing my hair and playing around with different products but i guess im just looking for some advice and opinions from all you lovely geeks.

If anyone either has extensions or has gone blonde to red then blonde again i would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks again x

Are we talking pillar box red or naturally occurring auburn red?

I have bright red and love it. However it takes a lot of upkeep (red fades quickly). I reapply a stain about every 4 weeks to keep it bright. You also need dark coloured towels!!

I have had friends who went red and changed their mind because of the work it takes and then they found getting rid of it wasn't so easy. One friend in particular is going through the long process of getting it back to blonde.

Changing your hair colour can make you feel fab and I love my red so much I now say its my natural colour!

Hey thanks for your reply.

Yeah i wanted pillar box red, feel like i need a huge change but am also worried about ruining my blonde hair as i so like my natural hair colour

Hi! I have always been blonde & was getting bored and my hair was getting knackered so i decided to leave the bleach and went red, it looked so cool but it faded so quickly, i literally had to put a crazy colour on it every time i washed it as even though the red was permanent it just faded and went pinky orange! It was a nightmare and so time consuming. I was going on holiday & couldn't bear taking a crazy colour with me & being careful with the pool & sea...so i used a colour b4 colour stripped from superdrug and it took all the red out in one go! Although my roots went yellow since it didn't have any bleach on previously. I just coloured my roots to get rid of the yellow and was back to blonde! Its nice for a change....go for it! But buy a colour b4, its amazing stuff & it didn't ruin my hair!

Latest posts

Back