Shampoo before toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xamyx

Xamyx
Reaction score
After bleaching someone's hair, do you rinse the bleach out or shampoo and condition or just shampoo?

If so can you use any shampoo and confitioneR? Any recommendations?

After bleaching someone's hair, do you rinse the bleach out or shampoo and condition or just shampoo?

If so can you use any shampoo and confitioneR? Any recommendations?

Shampoo, and condition so the porosity is as even as possible :)

Preferably and anti oxi conditioner x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you :)

I don't have any anti oxi shampoo or conditioners at the moment is there any that anyone would recommend?

Thank you :)

I don't have any anti oxi shampoo or conditioners at the moment is there any that anyone would recommend?

If you can get your hands on Wella sp post save treatment. This is the best for stopping the bleach eating your toner up x

Is Wella Professionals Service Color Post Treatment a good anti oxy? That's what I use. Thank you! I actually use it twice. After lightening and then after toning.

Id be more inclined to use blondor seal and care after a using a bleach. Id use post service after colour, but from a money point of view, post service is fine!

Is Wella Professionals Service Color Post Treatment a good anti oxy? That's what I use. Thank you! I actually use it twice. After lightening and then after toning.

That's what I meant x

Thank you Cams and Jamie! And just yesterday I was considering the sealer from Blonder, but wasn't sure. Maybe I should have that in my arsenal too. x Thanks.

Thank you Cams and Jamie! And just yesterday I was considering the sealer from Blonder, but wasn't sure. Maybe I should have that in my arsenal too. x Thanks.

Its not mandatory, its just that the products are made to work together x

My mum has Alberto baslam anti oxidant blueberry shampoo and conditioner would this be ok to use for now or not?

Yes it'll be fine (it's not a professional product mind lol but I can vouch that it does work )

Can any one tell me why you'd Condition before toning? I've always been told & trained to shampoo then tone then condition as conditioner acts as a barrier? Xxx

Can any one tell me why you'd Condition before toning? I've always been told & trained to shampoo then tone then condition as conditioner acts as a barrier? Xxx

Evens the porosity

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I was told this at college as well, but it helps tone the hair evenly because the porosity is more even.

The conditioner doesn't really create a barrier at all x

Neutralises the oxidisation process of colour and bleach molecules, stops creeping oxidisation and stops the bleach from eating away at the toner as soon as you put it on, you have to end one chemical service before you can start another.

Neutralises the oxidisation process of colour and bleach molecules, stops creeping oxidisation and stops the bleach from eating away at the toner as soon as you put it on, you have to end one chemical service before you can start another.

And that...hahaha

Thanks guys! Will start doing this! Love coming on here & finding out what I should have been told ha x

Couldn't be bothered adding that could you😂

Too late in the brain for me to be thinking about oxidation haha x

Latest posts

Back